FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Pinguicula care here

Moderator: Matt

By Garden_Nymph
The one on the far right showed some green in the center yesterday but this morning looks like this. Is it Browning Heart Disease? too much light? too close to the water? I never fill it to where it touches her. I use zero water (0 ppm) and there is no smell to the water. Is she salvageable? I def do not want to risk my other pings.
Attachments:
IMG_1602.jpeg
IMG_1602.jpeg (657.81 KiB) Viewed 2046 times
IMG_1601.jpeg
IMG_1601.jpeg (816.81 KiB) Viewed 2046 times
By Garden_Nymph
Thank you, I dont understand why the others seem to be doing so well but he has an attitude. :?
By Bug_cemetery
Brown heart sure looks like a possibility! I’ve had it kill pings seemingly at random while the rest in the tray are healthy.
Take a look at this article
http://www.pinguicula.org/A_world_of_Pi ... eases1.htm

Since your plants share a rock and water source it would probably be a good idea to treat them, or at minimum, change the water in the bowl and rinse the rock as best as you can.
Garden_Nymph liked this
By Garden_Nymph
OH Thank you! I will take a look at the article asap.
By Garden_Nymph
OMG What a scary article :shock: it mentions fungicide..... Is there a safe fungicide for CPs? Do I need one? or just rinse everything and change the water?
By jeff
for me your plant is dead, so destroy it completely, risk if it is affected by disease to contaminate others.

in fact it is the limit of culture on rock (which I abandoned for this reason) when everything is OK it is very beautiful but as soon as there is a problem (virus, snail, fungus, etc.) lasts, tough ;)

also note that the Mexican pings are currently dormant so drastically reduce watering
Garden_Nymph liked this
By Garden_Nymph
Thank you. yes I removed him. I didn't see the dark nub the article talked about so that's good. I think he was too close to the water where he was positioned and rotted. I hope that's all it was. I rinsed the rock as best I could, removed the stones I had in the bottom and gave fresh water. Thanks for the info on the dormancy. I wasn't sure if these were Mexican or tropical pings.

NOT! Woke up to this. 2055277A-F5AF-46FA-84DD-7E[…]

I don't know about proven, but I've kept mine seal[…]

Not what you would expect...

Right now I'm in the process of trying to thwart[…]

rustoleum 2x painters touch, but i do touch them u[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

worm in substrate?

Yes. It looks like a fungus gnat larvae to me as[…]

Unkown sarracenia

I got these sarracenia from sarracenia northwest a[…]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!