FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By Lonewarg
Hi!

My name's Dan and I've been keeping carniverous plants for a couple of years now, though my interest really exploded this current summer. Before, I had a trumpet pitcher and fly trap, but this summer I've got a lot more plants including different fly trap varieties, sundews and different trumpet pitchers.

At the moment I'm working hard to keep them all alive over a rather wet UK summer.

Excited to pick up some tips and chat with other growers and collectors, especially around keeping everyone happy and healthy coming through to spring.
Camden liked this
By Camden
Welcome! Nice to meet you Dan. If you go back to the home screen here on the forum and scroll down, and click on the seed bank. The seed bank is a great way to get new plants if you’re willing to give it a try. Also, if you go into the Photo contest tab and click on the latest one, you’ll find yourself in the January photo contest. This month the theme is Moss. The person with the most likes wins the prize mentioned in the original post!

I wish you good growing!
By Intheswamp
Lonewarg wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:08 am Hi!

My name's Dan and I've been keeping carniverous plants for a couple of years now, though my interest really exploded this current summer. Before, I had a trumpet pitcher and fly trap, but this summer I've got a lot more plants including different fly trap varieties, sundews and different trumpet pitchers.

At the moment I'm working hard to keep them all alive over a rather wet UK summer.

Excited to pick up some tips and chat with other growers and collectors, especially around keeping everyone happy and healthy coming through to spring.
It is summer in the UK right now? Did the earth turn sideways? :?

Btw, welcome to the forum! :mrgreen:
Sundews69 liked this
Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!