FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about terrariums, mini bogs, greenhouses and other growing environments

Moderator: Matt

By Andreas_R
Hi there,

I am Andreas (35) from Germany and apologize for my not very good English. I've been involved with carnivores for a very long time. It all started with a small Venus flytrap on my window sill when I was 12 years old. Meanwhile I have a small bog bed and a carnivore terrarium.

I had to close my terrarium at short notice because of a move. Unfortunately, due to misunderstandings, some of my plants were damaged during transport. For this reason, my plants in the terrarium do not look very good at the moment. I think that will come back over time.

Since I like to experiment a lot, this time I designed a wet area next to the slate fountain that was already in my old pool.

The pool was designed in such a way that the water (the pump only runs 30 minutes a day) floods this area and can then drain off again in the sphangum area (favoured via an artificial pipe system in the expanded clay).

The wet area is mainly reserved for Drosera madagascariensis. If you can think of any other plants (preferably no Utricularia) that I could plant in the wet area, please feel free to write to me. I placed sphangum on the slate stone fountain. The fountain, which only runs every other day for 30 minutes a day, keeps the sphagnum continuously moist to wet.

The rest of the pool was laid out in a cascading fashion.

I am open to questions and hints (tips).

Link to my terrarium:
https://youtu.be/rGSZ-uxaZAM
By ChefDean
Andreas? From Germany? Your last name wouldn't start with a "W", would it? And perhaps rhyme with "his tuba"?
Just kidding. That Andreas is 20 years older than you.

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Drosera germination time

Re: germination time, I got some d. madagascariens[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!