FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Ragnarok
Last year I was offered a tiny aurora borealis. I think the vendor gave it to me because it looked sickly and he thought the plant wouldn´t make it (I know those were my thoughts exactly as well). Because of the plant looking ill and being so small, I kept it indoors under growlights. That way, the plant managed to survive.

Now winter comes around again and I´m thinking about keeping the plant indoors again, it still being very small (but healthy looking this year). I´m afraid a severe winter could kill it, even if all my VFT´s are outdoors and these plants are used to living outdoor.

I would really hate to see this plant dying. The original owner passed away thus I´d very much would like to keep it in the collection. It´s the reason why I´m reluctant to keeping it in the garden.

Do you think a 2nd winter indoors is an absolute disaster waiting to happen or can it survive this year? I promise to keep it outdoor next year.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A226B met Tapatalk

By Savethetrees4life
You could keep it indoors since it’s already indoors anyway. Better to not shock its system so much. Put it outdoors next year at a time with the daylight hours similar to the time you have grow lights on.
By Ragnarok
Savethetrees4life wrote:You could keep it indoors since it’s already indoors anyway. Better to not shock its system so much. Put it outdoors next year at a time with the daylight hours similar to the time you have grow lights on.
Ok, i´ll do that. Thanks for the advice

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A226B met Tapatalk

Savethetrees4life liked this
My sundew isn’t eating!

Hi guys here are my baby sundews now! Please like![…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!