FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Camden
Emailed! (it'll be probably 1-3 days before they respond) Here's their website just in case you're wondering http://www.ferociousfoliage.com/index.html I'm probably the exact opposite of you. I have the headset that "Throw em in the water and see if they swim"

On their website, they have the option to send hardened off plants. Idk if you would want to do this though because of shipping costs. I would, personally, youtube it on how to harden off plants in-vitro.
By Sundews69
Yeah, I'm the opposite of that lol. Where on their website does it say that they harden off plants for you? Is it more expensive?
Camden liked this
By Camden
You’ll find it under the prices tab at the top, 3rd paragraph. I mean it looks like he’ll do it for free, you just have to pay for the extra shipping cost because of shipping the extra paper towels/LFSM.
Sundews69 liked this
By Nepenthes0260
Just a heads-up; CZPlants has sold numerous mislabeled seeds in the past, so I very highly doubt that those rare Nepenthes species are legitimate. In the off-chance that they are correctly labeled, they are almost certainly of poached origin. Two my knowledge, horticultural N. rajah seed has only been produced twice, for instance, and I don't know of any occurrences where seed of N. rigidifolia, N. diabolica, and N. klossii has been made in cultivation.
Camden liked this
By Nepenthes0260
... Also, hamata and diabolica do just fine in tissue culture. Any seed available of N. erucoides is most definitely of poached origin as the species was only described in 2019. In fact, a large poaching event took place several months/years ago that seriously hindered the population.
By Sundews69
Thank you for the heads up, I will not be ordering from them.
By Sundews69
Really sucks though :cry: I was super excited for some ephippiata and pitopangii seeds
Camden liked this
By Nepenthes0260
Yeah, unfortunately pure (non-poached) Nepenthes seed is exceptionally difficult to come by because of their dioecious nature and the ridiculously large blooming sizes required by some of these species (e.g. bical). Ton.sunya on Instagram regularly sells many different greges of 100% horticulturally produced Nepenthes seed, mostly lowland stuff. Recently Jeff S. (@nepenthesgod on IG) produced some pure N. edwardsiana seed that he was selling for ~$100 per seed, iirc.
Sundews69, Camden liked this
By Sundews69
Ikr not even worth the time and effort. So that just confirms it: they're selling 5 seeds for $20 and Nepenthesgod is selling 1 seed for $100. Definitely fake or poached then
Camden liked this
By Hendre
Fresh seed of several new or hard to get species? With location? That does not seem too legally collected..
My sundew isn’t eating!

Hi guys here are my baby sundews now! Please like![…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!