By alecStewart1
d-capensis-recover-1.jpg
d-capensis-recover-1.jpg (2.59 MiB) Viewed 1164 times
d-capensis-recover-2.jpg
d-capensis-recover-2.jpg (2.24 MiB) Viewed 1164 times
d-capensis-recover-3.jpg
d-capensis-recover-3.jpg (2.33 MiB) Viewed 1164 times
Hey, friends.

I think I stressed my D. capensis "Lotus Eater" a bit. If you can't see in the images, some of the leaves are yellow and don't have any goo on them. It is growing new leaves and those have goo on them and the newer ones (the ones that have grown in since I've had it) haven't dried up.

I think the past week I was fussing with it and watering it too much (adding water to the dish and top watering), I kept my grow lights too close to the plant and I think I overfed it as well by giving it 3 re-hydrated blood worms. For the second, again, if you can't see in the images, the more yellow leaves have either a light red hue or little red spots. My living area stays at 70 degrees Fahrenheit during the day, and 65 at night.

I haven't added any more water to its dish and I pulled back the grow lights but I would like some other opinions. I've had this plant for roughly a month now.
By Sundews69
I don't think it looks too bad. Did you just get the plant recently? If so it could be minor shipping stress. My capes get those orange splotches if they are placed from a low light environment to a high light environment too quickly.
By alecStewart1
Well good to know, because I just pulled back the grow lights to where it's above about 6-7 inches above the tallest leaf. I'll have to check up daily but so so far it doesn't seem to be doing any worse. The leaves that already had dew seem to be more dewy now (thought I don't have much of an objective way to measure that).
Drosera germination time

What Chef Dean said... But if I had to pick a num[…]

Counting to infinity.

assuming they have enough light and water, are gre[…]

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!