FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Intheswamp
I know the Vols have been doing really well this year. I think it comes from the new dental hygiene program that UT has started...those guys are really taking care of their tooth these days! I'm proud of'em!!! I know they've traveled down to Athens by now and I hope the ride in the back of the pickup trucks was smooth and nobody swallowed too much Taylor Pride juice...don't want no tummy aches.

But, to the point, will you give them a message to beat Georgia (sorry Panman, it is what it is, ya know)? The boys in Tuscaloosa would like another shot at the guys in the horrid tangerine colored uniforms. Anyhow...that's it. Thanks. Now to go trounce some teegars in Lose-easy-anit.

(Dang...sure hope the Tide wins, otherwise I'd better put my old crash helmet on for all the head bops I'm gonna get!!!!! :lol: )

Big thing is for all those kids to stay safe and nobody gets hurt. It's a game after all! But, in the end I gotta add....ROLL TIDE!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
By Panman
Intheswamp wrote:But, to the point, will you give them a message to beat Georgia (sorry Panman, it is what it is, ya know)?
Honestly, there is very little in life that I care less about than sports of all sorts.
By ChefDean
Being a transplant from Utah, I'm really not rabid about any of these Southern teams. However, in keeping with local support, I definitely have a soft spot for the Vols, and truly believe they'll spank anything in Georgia for the same reasons they'll trounce Alabama; GA and AL are both still utterly enthralled by indoor plumbing and 'lectricity. They're going to be distracted for a spell.
By Intheswamp
Panman wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:53 pm
Intheswamp wrote:But, to the point, will you give them a message to beat Georgia (sorry Panman, it is what it is, ya know)?
Honestly, there is very little in life that I care less about than sports of all sorts.
I resemble that remark. I had no interest in it until roughly 15 years ago one of my best friends talked me into playing "College Pick'Um" online with him and some other folks. I had no idea what I was doing, but started picking scores (or whatever it was we picked) and started winning and that got me to watching the games. Seriously, I had no interest in sports until then. I ended up winning that year which infuriated :mrgreen: some of the folks because I made sure I was a newbie and *I WON*. :mrgreen: Anyhow, I played the game for several years with them...the chatter was the fun part. Then, one day my friend had a massive heart attack. The Pick'um group played the next year but it just wasn't the same and the group just faded away. But, I've enjoyed college ball since then. I'm beginning to get a little tired of the commercialization of it, though, and the "NIL" aspect is making it less "amature" seeming. It's losing a lot of it's "college" feel. :|

I pull for Alabama, but at the end of a game if they lose...they lose. If they win...they win. I don't get all foamy mouthed one way or the other *though* I do know a few people.... :lol:

Btw, I *just* walked in from the mailbox and ripped an envelope open that was much larger than what I anticipated would come. You are one crazy dude!!!!!!!!! A dang good one, but slap wild, man!!!!! I've yet to rip into the inner-wrappings but will be in a few minutes...though I did see the label!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: You'll be hearing from me!!!! :D
ChefDean liked this
By Intheswamp
ChefDean wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:01 pm Being a transplant from Utah, I'm really not rabid about any of these Southern teams. However, in keeping with local support, I definitely have a soft spot for the Vols, and truly believe they'll spank anything in Georgia for the same reasons they'll trounce Alabama; GA and AL are both still utterly enthralled by indoor plumbing and 'lectricity. They're going to be distracted for a spell.
Be patient, Chef....the Vols will get indoor plumbing one day. Maybe even next year? Stranger things have happened!!!!
By Panman
Intheswamp wrote:You are one crazy dude!!!!!!!!! A dang good one, but slap wild, man!!!!!
Surprise!
Intheswamp liked this
Not what you would expect...

Is it the growth inside the condiment cup. ( I cal[…]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Any ideas?

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Same, my local nursery gets a lot of them. Do you […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!