FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Panman
The 'bulb' is actually a hibernaculum which is a dormant resting bud. From the dead leaves it looks like a filiformis. The other sundew looks like intermedia. It will take a few months to a year to tell anything about the sarracenia, but it will likely be an open pollinated hybrid. You can see my Meadowview hitchhikers here.
Apollyon liked this
By Nocturne
Panman wrote:The 'bulb' is actually a hibernaculum which is a dormant resting bud. From the dead leaves it looks like a filiformis. The other sundew looks like intermedia. It will take a few months to a year to tell anything about the sarracenia, but it will likely be an open pollinated hybrid. You can see my Meadowview hitchhikers here.
Sir you are having me over excited after seeing those result! Straight art from nature. I have donated most of my sarracenia to a friend who has a sunny backyard near Chino,CA. Will have these seedlings under LED alongside the nepthens seedlings for overwinter outside the balcony. I would assume they would go dormant and that amount of light would be sufficient for them to stay healthy until spring?
By Panman
I'm not sure what you are saying. Do you have them inside under lights or outside under lights? What does your outside temp get down to?
By Nocturne
Panman wrote:I'm not sure what you are saying. Do you have them inside under lights or outside under lights? What does your outside temp get down to?
Its similar condition to the photo below. I have them outside under LED light, in winter it gets to low 50s or high 40s in my area. Have racks on a balcony that have insufficient natural light (always shady)so I supplement with LED on racks. I can have sarracenia grow under this condition but they never thrive or really color up without much sunlight. Im just hoping this kind of light can keep wild sarracenia seedlings healthy for few months until spring. Image
By plantnerdjules
Good luck with your interesting hitchhikers, I hope they do well over winter.

Could you post some photos of your balcony plant racks and lights pleases? I'm also limited to a shady balcony, trying to improve my setup, would love to see yours. Many thanks in advance :D
By Nocturne
plantnerdjules wrote:Good luck with your interesting hitchhikers, I hope they do well over winter.

Could you post some photos of your balcony plant racks and lights pleases? I'm also limited to a shady balcony, trying to improve my setup, would love to see yours. Many thanks in advance :D
Have my old reddit post here that shows set up…just empty racks with led clipped/zipped tied on it. Image
plantnerdjules liked this
Hello, New to the forum

Welcome to the forum! We have a horrible deer i[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mine[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!