FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

List the plants you grow

Moderator: Matt

By DeadlyCarnivore
Do you have pictures of your D. Zonaria? Both your small and large forms.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

By nimbulan
DeadlyCarnivore wrote:Do you have pictures of your D. Zonaria? Both your small and large forms.

The plants aren't full size yet, but here's a pic from last winter. Also took the opportunity to update my growlist, just a few additions and removals.
PXL_20211222_213409324.jpg
PXL_20211222_213409324.jpg (154.64 KiB) Viewed 2836 times
By Bluefire
nimbulan wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:34 pm
DeadlyCarnivore wrote:Do you have pictures of your D. Zonaria? Both your small and large forms.

The plants aren't full size yet, but here's a pic from last winter. Also took the opportunity to update my growlist, just a few additions and removals.
PXL_20211222_213409324.jpg
Where did you get those D. zonaria? They're my favorite species of sundew but I've never seen them offered anywhere (at least not in the U.S.)
Sundews69 liked this
By nimbulan
Bluefire wrote:Where did you get those D. zonaria? They're my favorite species of sundew but I've never seen them offered anywhere (at least not in the U.S.)
It's my favorite as well. Unfortunately Allen Lowrie was the only source and he's no longer with us. I will do my best to propagate these in the future but I have no clue how long it might take.
By Camden
Thought I’d share this-
Recently discovered this website https://www.giardinocarnivoro.it/en/

He said :
“ Hello, i can ship plants bare rooted with italian post .

but the shipment it's at your own risk, if costum stop the packet i cannot refund

Thank you

Andrea”

If you lookup zonaria, he has had them in stock in the past.

Lmk if you guys decide to order from him and how it turns out.
By Bluefire
Camden M wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:46 pm Thought I’d share this-
Recently discovered this website https://www.giardinocarnivoro.it/en/

He said :
“ Hello, i can ship plants bare rooted with italian post .

but the shipment it's at your own risk, if costum stop the packet i cannot refund

Thank you

Andrea”

If you lookup zonaria, he has had them in stock in the past.

Lmk if you guys decide to order from him and how it turns out.
Yeah, I found that guy too. If I can't find anyone in the US, then I might have to. And that would take years, once I'm in my own house and my dad can't get mad at me for paying for shipping overseas.
By DeadlyCarnivore
nimbulan wrote:
Bluefire wrote:Where did you get those D. zonaria? They're my favorite species of sundew but I've never seen them offered anywhere (at least not in the U.S.)
It's my favorite as well. Unfortunately Allen Lowrie was the only source and he's no longer with us. I will do my best to propagate these in the future but I have no clue how long it might take.
This is also probably my favorite tuberous species, thanks for the pictures! The color difference between the two forms is interesting. Good luck propigating them!

By nimbulan
DeadlyCarnivore wrote:This is also probably my favorite tuberous species, thanks for the pictures! The color difference between the two forms is interesting. Good luck propigating them!

The coloration of the plants varies quite a bit in the wild, I'm not sure it's something that's consistent between forms. It is nice to have some variety in my collection though.
By DeadlyCarnivore
nimbulan wrote:
DeadlyCarnivore wrote:This is also probably my favorite tuberous species, thanks for the pictures! The color difference between the two forms is interesting. Good luck propigating them!

The coloration of the plants varies quite a bit in the wild, I'm not sure it's something that's consistent between forms. It is nice to have some variety in my collection though.
How do you tell the difference between the two forms? That small form one is the same size, if not bigger than the large form.

That also reminds me, I've been seeing "Type form" on the names of a decent amount of tuberous species, what exactly does that mean?

By nimbulan
Like I said the plants aren't full size yet. The large form will definitely grow larger.

Type form is a taxonomic term, referring to the form of the plant used for it's scientific description.
By nimbulan
Well it was about time for another update, mostly with newly germinated winter growing sundew seeds and a few other acquisitions as well as a name change due to a new taxonomic paper published yesterday.
By nimbulan
Updated the list for the first time in quite a few months. Removed a bunch of plants I no longer grow and added new acquisitions (mostly tuberous sundews.)
By andynorth
Other than MikeB, this has got to be one of the most comprehensive CP list EVER. Do you run a nursery down there in Portland or do you just have a ton of time on your hands? Hats off to you for being able to keep such good track of what you have. I am overwhelmed with a dozen Sundews, 17 Sars and 2 Neps.

For $7 I'd have to pick one of those up myself!

Congrats on being a new flytrap owner! The trap wi[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

I got you. Order received. Your order number is 1[…]

I think I could achieve something similar wi[…]

Not what you would expect...

There are no mounds of moss in the picture. There[…]

Damn, I think one of the sundews rotted away. No i[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!