FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Freebies, raffles, etc. for plants or growing supplies

Moderator: Matt

By hollyhock
Like panman I have "extra " seeds. So I probably will be sending some to the seedbank. But since I just harvested several hundred today I will host a Plain Jane giveaway. The seeds are Drosera anglica temperate with location data. Sunava mts. Southern Bohemia Czech Republic. I will pick 6 winners. Winners will be required to send me a SASE to get the prize. These will be able to grow outside year round with natural dormancy in colder climate. So if you live in hotter states you might want to pass or figure out the dormancy Drawing in a week

1. I like cold
2. I like snow
3. Damn it's already cold
ChefDean liked this
By Sundews69
1. Camden M - I HATE cold, I dislike snow, man I wish I was in Florida right now. Oh wait :?
2. Sundews69 - Then don't EVER move to Wisconsin. We already have below freezing temps.
By Bluefire
1. Camden M - I HATE cold, I dislike snow, man I wish I was in Florida right now. Oh wait :?
2. Sundews69 - Then don't EVER move to Wisconsin. We already have below freezing temps.
3. Bluefire - However ironic it is (considering my username) I miss the cold, I love snow, and I wish it was below freezing right now... Instead of 90 Fahrenheit on the regular. At least I have AC and a fridge, and determination to move somewhere more agreeable.
Sundews69 liked this
By Huntsmanshorn
3. Bluefire - However ironic it is (considering my username) I miss the cold, I love snow, and I wish it was below freezing right now... Instead of 90 Fahrenheit on the regular. At least I have AC and a fridge, and determination to move somewhere more agreeable.
4. Huntsmanshorn
By Sundews69
Bluefire wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:11 am 1. Camden M - I HATE cold, I dislike snow, man I wish I was in Florida right now. Oh wait :?
Yes, snow is great. So many things to do with it. Sleding, skiing....
By Bluefire
I'm partial to the skiing part and the part where you sit indoors wrapped in blankets with a warm drink or stew... And where you don't feel like you're burning daily.
Sundews69 liked this
By Shore_Fancy_Nursery
4. Huntsmanshorn
5. Shore_Fancy_Crafts. My feet are already freezing and I can't get them warm. I don't like shoveling. I'm not looking forward to the snow. Unless we get enough to not leave the house for a week
By stickgirl
4. Huntsmanshorn
5. Shore_Fancy_Crafts. My feet are already freezing and I can't get them warm. I don't like shoveling. I'm not looking forward to the snow. Unless we get enough to not leave the house for a week
6. Stickgirl - hate the cold!
By Supercazzola
4. Huntsmanshorn
7 - supercazzola - il settebello !
By Sundews69
Just curious, what you do guys in warmer climates do to get cold temperate plants like S. purp spp. purp to go dormant? Also, I'm assuming you grow your anglica outside @Hollyhock?
By Dragonslayer126
4. Huntsmanshorn
7 - supercazzola - il settebello!
8. Dragonslayer126-atleast my purps can survive the cold.
By Sundews69
Wow, thank you for your generosity, hollyhock! I really appreciate it! :D

I'll PM you in a minute
Drosera germination time

I got the burmannii seeds a bit before you did, an[…]

Update: I backed off on the watering frequency and[…]

Counting to infinity.

assuming they have enough light and water, are gre[…]

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!