FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Have excess seed? Share it with other members here.

Moderator: Matt

By ChefDean
You're also eligible for a bonus if you'd like.
Mixed Rosettes is offered as a bonus, would you like to change your third choice to something like tokaiensis? And make the Rosettes a bonus?
By ChefDean
Order received.
Your order number is 1122.
I'll PM you shortly with info for sending postage.
Thank you for your order.

Please provide me, in a response to my PM, your name and exact mailing address.

Reminder: With international requests, there is a chance the seeds may never arrive due to a number of factors. This is beyond my control, but I will do my best.
Thank you.

Happy growing,
Chef
By Kelpy
Sundews69 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:14 pm Welcome to the forum and to the hobby! I assume you know the basics of growing carnivorous plants? Want to make sure you get it right the first time!
I honestly havent read up much on it! I am quite an impatient person and was planning to plant first and ask questions later :)
By Kelpy
ChefDean wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:18 pm You're also eligible for a bonus if you'd like.
Mixed Rosettes is offered as a bonus, would you like to change your third choice to something like tokaiensis? And make the Rosettes a bonus?
Yeah sure! Rosettes as a bonus and third choice tokaiensis sounds good :)
By Sundews69
Kelpy wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:08 am
Sundews69 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:14 pm Welcome to the forum and to the hobby! I assume you know the basics of growing carnivorous plants? Want to make sure you get it right the first time!
I honestly havent read up much on it! I am quite an impatient person and was planning to plant first and ask questions later :)
Make sure to read about them before doing anything with your seeds. Carnivorous plants (CPs) have very particular needs. Lots of light - 6 hours minimum of direct sun, low PPM water - distilled, reverse-osmosis, or rain, low PPM soil - Sphagnum moss, peat moss/perlite (no added fertilizers) to name some, and there are some other things too. CPs are just very picky about everything and one mistake can kill everything
By Kelpy
Sundews69 wrote:
Make sure to read about them before doing anything with your seeds. Carnivorous plants (CPs) have very particular needs. Lots of light - 6 hours minimum of direct sun, low PPM water - distilled, reverse-osmosis, or rain, low PPM soil - Sphagnum moss, peat moss/perlite (no added fertilizers) to name some, and there are some other things too. CPs are just very picky about everything and one mistake can kill everything
Sundews69 wrote:
Hmmm... 6 hours of direct sun might be hard to get, especially during the autumn/winter here in Sweden. Do you reckon grow lights could work and if so how many lumens should i need? Thanks for all the advice :)
Sundews69 liked this
By Sundews69
Yes, grow lights can be used. I'm not sure now many lumens, but I think yescom 225's are good. I don't know if you can get those in Sweden though. You can make a post about it in a new thread or try to find an existing thread.
Kelpy liked this
By ChefDean
Kelpy wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:28 pmHmmm... 6 hours of direct sun might be hard to get, especially during the autumn/winter here in Sweden. Do you reckon grow lights could work and if so how many lumens should i need? Thanks for all the advice :)
With the ones you've chosen, a bright windowsill that receives a couple hours of direct sunlight a day would probably be sufficient. Maybe a supplement with the grow light until they grow out of the seedling stage, but not much else other than keep them above about 50°F (10°C) for better results. Warmer, for germination, about 70°F (20°C).
By Kelpy
ChefDean wrote:
Kelpy wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:28 pmHmmm... 6 hours of direct sun might be hard to get, especially during the autumn/winter here in Sweden. Do you reckon grow lights could work and if so how many lumens should i need? Thanks for all the advice :)
So, I can just put the seeds directly into my growing growing media (live sphag)?
With the ones you've chosen, a bright windowsill that receives a couple hours of direct sunlight a day would probably be sufficient. Maybe a supplement with the grow light until they grow out of the seedling stage, but not much else other than keep them above about 50°F (10°C) for better results. Warmer, for germination, about 70°F (20°C).
By Panman
I wouldn't suggest starting the seedlings in live sphagnum. The moss will grow faster than the seedlings and choke them out. Peat/perlite with a layer of chopped sphagnum on top is my go to mixture. I have an alba capensis growing in live sphagnum, and it is having a hard time keeping up.
Hello!

Welcome

Chilly in LA…

I've got a friend in Harvey, but that looks like […]

Hey all, just got my order in today and figured I'[…]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I[…]

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

I counted 21 in this one. Both are flavas that I g[…]

A few weeks back most of my VFTs suddenly put out […]

Counting to infinity.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!