FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By septembersapphire21
Hello! I bought my Cobra Lily through a grower here as a seedling. It has grown super well and even grew a lot bigger than when I got it. Well, fall is officially here and temps are staying around the high 40s at night through mid 60s in the day. My VFTs have been growing outside, so I don't have to worry about acclimating them to get ready for dormancy. However, my Cobra Lily seedling had been growing indoors with a grow light, so my question is, can it go dormant with my VFTs or is it too young? I'm thinking it should be because it's wild counter parts no matter the age always go dormant. If it needs to, I can acclimate it to the outdoor weather so it can be ready for dormancy too.

Thanks for any advice! :)
By Panman
I'm facing the same situation and I'm planning on putting mine out with the other plants.
By septembersapphire21
Huntsmanshorn wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:32 pm You can skip the dormancy if you wish, a year or two without dormancy won't hurt a Darlingtonia seedling at all, and they will get bigger, faster if you do choose to skip.
Sorry it's been a while since I said anything. I'm going to try skipping it for this year since it won't affect them. Thanks!
Not what you would expect...

ant hill? No, He hates ants. But I am pretty sur[…]

Sarracenia ID

They're either leucophylla or x moorei (flava x l[…]

I will need to check out our local TJ's. Normally […]

Order received. Your order number is 1642. I'll PM[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

This was the shipment that arrived while I was the[…]

What’s happening

It was rot Im not sure if it was root rot or crown[…]

Congrats on being a new flytrap owner! The trap wi[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!