FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By evenwind
I had this happy 2" pot of Spatulata. It was at the stage where it was becoming a solid blanket of leaves and dew. Somehow, I left it in a spot that the water didn't get to, probably for a long time. When I finally noticed it, the pot it was dry - it was almost weightless and the ex-happy sundews were unrelieved brown. I put it in my "to be decided" area for a couple of weeks and more-or-less forgot about it. I was cleaning house and about to throw it out when I saw I had the space to experiement. So I stuck it back in water and put it back under my lights. This is six weeks later. Do not give up on your plants until you're absolutely sure they're dead!
P9213407a.JPG
P9213407a.JPG (187.81 KiB) Viewed 1482 times
Intheswamp, Shadowtski, Bluefire and 1 others liked this
By Lain
I think this lesson mainly applies to sundews. When I broke my ankle and killed off 97% of my collection I threw everything outside in the sun and just left it in a water tray. 40% of the sundews came back after 3-4 months. Then half of those that came back to life got eaten by the cats so there's that.

My pings however were a total and complete loss and no matter what I tried I couldn't bring them back to life. Sadly for whatever reason the new collection just aren't happy with me.
Not what you would expect...

The guy who lived across from me has an electric[…]

Unkown sarracenia

Although I do not know what they are, I too would […]

Maybe find a way to measure out 1/16 of a teaspo[…]

You live in Siberia??? :shock:

rustoleum 2x painters touch, but i do touch them u[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

worm in substrate?

Yes. It looks like a fungus gnat larvae to me as[…]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!