FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about fluorescent, LED and other types of grow lighting for Venus Flytraps and other plants

Moderator: Matt

By TrapsAndDews
I'm sticking with my theory that my seedlings got too much light. When I moved some of my seedlings further away from the lights, they turned a little less red, but increased in growth. This seems to be the only explanation I can find as to why my seedlings won't grow directly under my lights.
By -Stanley-
TrapsAndDews wrote:I'm sticking with my theory that my seedlings got too much light. When I moved some of my seedlings further away from the lights, they turned a little less red, but increased in growth. This seems to be the only explanation I can find as to why my seedlings won't grow directly under my lights.
I disagree. I believe you dont feed yours. When I fed all of my seedlings they all took off in growth.
By TrapsAndDews
The plants didn’t grow at all under the lights. Fertilizing had no affect when my seedlings were directly under the lights.
By Ksena
Plants definitely need nutrition. Even not so lighting plays a role, although it is important :roll:
-Stanley- liked this

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of […]

My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!