FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By davinstewart
Pro tip for potted plants ... put a layer of lava rock in your planters and the squirrels won't dig. Works well for me although I haven't tried it in my carnivorous plants since I'm not sure that it's inert.

Hope that is useful for you as well.
By davinstewart
Pro tip for potted plants ... put a layer of lava rock in your planters and it should prevent the squirrels from digging. Works well for me although I haven't tried it in my carnivorous plants since I'm not sure that it's inert.

It might be worthwhile putting a layer of landscaping fabric under the lava rock since I've noticed a tendency for it to work it's way down into the soil over time and then it's a real pain during repotting time. The landscaping fabric might help prevent that.

Hope that is useful for you.
Intheswamp wrote:Speaking of the afore mentioned "hamsters". This stub-tail variety trotted by the window a few minutes ago...he stopped long enough to implore me convince my wife to get more potted plants for the front porch so he and his friends can dig, shred, eat, throw, mascerate, rip, toss, etc., them for us.
ChefDean, Intheswamp liked this
Hello, New to the forum

Welcome to the forum! We have a horrible deer i[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mine[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!