FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss fertilization techniques here. For advanced growers only!

Moderator: Matt

Are you interested in purchasing a small quantity of liquid azoxystrobin?

Yes
29%
No
43%
I require additional information
29%
By jetfire245
Dan V wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:20 pm I sent a message to Syngenta about storage and application rate for our use.
Wow! Thanks so much for doing that. I'll be extremely interested in their response!

Please reach out to me when you get a reply.
By Dan V
No, Syngenta did not respond. I found that all Azoxystrobin sc labels state to mix only as much as you can use for one application - do not store the mixed product.
I did purchase the 16oz Azoxy 2SC from the ebay seller as he proved to my satisfaction that he had purchased a bulk quantity and that he couldn't use it all.
I'm doing some testing on application rates based on the label rate of .4oz mixed with 2 or 4 gallons of water, I'm calling the 2 gal. rate "full strength" and the 4 gal. mix is half strength.
For a 32oz spray bottle I added 3ml of the Azoxy 2SC and of course half strength only add 1.5ml.
I am testing both strengths currently in comparison with similarly sized vfts - treated vs non treated but this is the beginning of dormancy so not sure what will happen.
I do have bottles and pipettes that will work for mixing if someone wants a few ounces, but I want to confirm the application rates first. Feel free to check my math.
By jetfire245
Dan V wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:12 pm I want to confirm the application rates first. Feel free to check my math.
Definitely let me know how your experiment goes. So what, are you using the entirety of those spray bottles on your application?
By Dan V
Sure thing, should know something in a few weeks.

jetfire245 wrote, "So what, are you using the entirety of those spray bottles on your application?"

I mixed two 8oz test batches of the Azoxy 2SC, the first batch was half strength applied to one of two similarly sized Dragons Breath vft's for comparison. The second batch was full strength applied to one of two similarly sized pots of recently divided B52's and one of two similarly sized pots of recently divided SD Kronos vft's for comparison.

Since this is dormancy time, I'll be happy if the test plants just survive the Azoxy 2SC application any observed improvements I'll take as a win win.
Attachments:
Dragons Breath 1/2 strength tag (A 1/2)
Dragons Breath 1/2 strength tag (A 1/2)
20220916_131950.jpg (1.34 MiB) Viewed 1957 times
B52 divisions full strength tag (A F)
B52 divisions full strength tag (A F)
20220916_131806.jpg (2.52 MiB) Viewed 1957 times
SD Kronos divisions full strength tag (A F)
SD Kronos divisions full strength tag (A F)
20220917_094110.jpg (2.87 MiB) Viewed 1957 times
By Dan V
Follow-up to my experiment done last fall.

The application was done during dormancy (mid-September) so not much happened; one plant showed some increased greening, none of the plants were harmed and I used both the 2- & 4-gallon rates on different plants and they all look fine today as Spring brings new growth.

I'll reapply three times during this growing season in April, June & August for a new test using the "full strength" two-gallon rate.
za419 liked this
Drosera germination time

I got the burmannii seeds a bit before you did, an[…]

Update: I backed off on the watering frequency and[…]

Counting to infinity.

assuming they have enough light and water, are gre[…]

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!