FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By AhmtBgraa
Hello everyone. It's been about 15 days since my flycatchers moved into my newly established environment. Area dimensions 45x45 cm a box. The light I use is the Mars Hydro TS1000. It is about 30-35 cm away from the plants and works at 75% levels. I use 4 fans to ventilate the inside. The fans are 12 cm in diameter and have a power of 2700 RPM. But I have a heat problem. Two of the fans are working to draw fresh air indoors. The other two are also to evacuate the hot air. The average temperature ranges from 34-39 degrees in the middle of the day (depending on the temperature of that day). The humidity rate is 30% on average.I plan to switch to a larger box (55x45cm) and use the fans with air duct support. A few people who sell these products have told me that I only need to use fans to vent the hot air. Another part said that in addition to the hot air discharge, I should also use a fan for fresh air intake. So how do you think I should do it? Is just a hot air evacuation enough? Or do I need to add a fresh air fan as well? I hope I was able to explain what I mean. Sorry for my bad english.

The product I will get if I install only a hot air evacuation: https://www.growkent.com/Turbine-Eco-10 ... -2463.html

If I install both a fresh air inlet and a hot air outlet, the products I will buy are:

Fresh Air Intake: https://www.toprakvesu.com/bitki-havala ... &order=ASC

Hot Air Outlet: https://www.toprakvesu.com/bitki-havala ... &order=ASC
Attachments:
IMG_1977.JPEG
IMG_1977.JPEG (480.51 KiB) Viewed 1121 times
IMG_1976.JPEG
IMG_1976.JPEG (444.39 KiB) Viewed 1121 times
IMG_1975.JPEG
IMG_1975.JPEG (461.08 KiB) Viewed 1121 times
By NightRaider
You might could drop temps some by still using both intake and exhaust fans, but my intuition thinks you might get better results placing them so that you get a stream of air flowing in one side and out the other to minimize turbulence. Honestly though, depending on your target temperature you're probably just going to be fighting a losing battle as long as the lights are placed directly inside the box with no barrier between them and the plants, especially if there's no ventilation above or around the same height as the lights themselves (hot air rises). My cabinet currently has lights on a thin plexiglass shelf above the plants which reduces heat inside the grow area significantly, plus a single 80mm exhaust fan behind the lights which drops the temps in the chamber as a result by a further roughly 5 degrees C.
Also, I'm not going to go into the spiel about not keeping flytraps indoors long-term here since that's not what you're asking, but it's something to be aware of if you didn't already know.
davinstewart liked this
By davinstewart
I agree. Getting the light out of the container should help with the temps a bunch.

Also, Mars Hydro lights especially are known to be massive heat generators, which doesn't help you unfortunately but is something to bear in mind. A different choice of lighting may also help with the temps.

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I have found neps to be slow, especially when they[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , You can send me the info sure, thank[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!