FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By MikeB
I'm trying to thin down my collection, so I'm selling my little seed-grown flytraps:
Small flytraps 1.jpg
Small flytraps 1.jpg (793.32 KiB) Viewed 2085 times
Small flytraps 2.jpg
Small flytraps 2.jpg (623.31 KiB) Viewed 2085 times
These plants are 1/2 inch to 1.5 inches tall with interesting parents like A2, B52, Low Giant, Vigorous, and assorted large-trap typicals. They're growing under the open sky, 6 hours of direct sun every day.

I'm selling 15 plants for $15, plus $5 shipping. They will be sent bare-root. Free Drosera intermedia sundews if there are any growing in the pots that I empty.

PM me if you're interested.
By Intheswamp
That-is-a-steal!!!!

How old are these? The intermedia that you sent me a while back with the flytraps are blooming there heads off right now! And about as dark red as I'd imagine they can get!!!! :D If I didn't have so many irons in the fire already and some non-CP stuff going on I'd jump all over this!!! They won't be around for long!!!! :D
Panman liked this
By MikeB
Intheswamp wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:22 am How old are these?
They're into their 2nd year. I haven't given them any special attention, so they're growing a bit slowly.
Intheswamp wrote: The intermedia that you sent me a while back with the flytraps are blooming there heads off right now! And about as dark red as I'd imagine they can get!!!!
Late July is when the flowers start up. They self-pollinate, so you'll have a bunch of seedlings come next spring.
By chrisaggie
Just sent you a pm. I just started a medium size bog (4'x28') and these will be perfect to get my VFTs going. My son loves VFTs and I need to get a good collection going for him. Thank you.
By Intheswamp
SundewStud wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:22 am Can I hear more about his styrofoam bucket design!
It is a really basic concept. Here is the link to the ones Walmart lists: rebelFIN by Plastilite Fishing Minnow Bucket 8 quarts

Styrofoam "minnow" buckets are made of roughly 1" thick styrofoam so that they are durable and can be bumped around in a boat or on the bank of a lake or creek and not crack easily. They hold roughly two gallons of water. The insulating characteristics of the styrofoam helps keep the water from quickly overheating and killing the minnows (fishbait).

Being in south Alabama I needed something that would help with the heat and solar gain. These are white and are very good insulators. I simply took a drill and something like a 1/2" drill bit and drilled several holes in the bottom and around the sides just above the bottom. With some care you could make holes with the point of a knife, scissors, etc.,. The wall is too thick to simply poke a pencil through as the styrofoam will mostly close back up on itself....ya gotta remove some styrofoam to leave a hole. They are roughly 12" deep by 10" wide. I sit the bucket in a square plastic food container and it works very well.

When I go to different stores I'm constantly browsing with the thought in the back of my mind for things that I can grow CPs in. I saw these and instantly knew they'd be good to have. They only had three of them and the price was "right" so I grabbed two of them (I was nice and left one for some needy fisherman<grin>). Looking at the link above it shows that I need to check nearby stores as my local store, 20 miles away, doesn't have them. It seems these are found in Walmarts that are in close proximity to beaches or large lakes that have a heavy fisherman population.

They're really cheap, sturdy, white, thick, and easy to put holes in the bottom. I hope this helps! :D
Counting to infinity.

assuming they have enough light and water, are gre[…]

Drosera germination time

Hello everyone - I recently got some D. burmanni[…]

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!