FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By benguinmeowmeow
For what it's worth, these are my subtropical D. intermedia after 6.5 months. I fed every leaf a little bit of fish flake by lightly wetting the end of a sharp object and picking them up. They're at flowering maturity after that time. Drosera seedlings go a lot faster after you start feeding them, but it's time consuming work.
20220718_084804.jpg
20220718_084804.jpg (2.07 MiB) Viewed 782 times
Intheswamp liked this
By TrapsAndDews
benguinmeowmeow wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:32 pm For what it's worth, these are my subtropical D. intermedia after 6.5 months. I fed every leaf a little bit of fish flake by lightly wetting the end of a sharp object and picking them up. They're at flowering maturity after that time. Drosera seedlings go a lot faster after you start feeding them, but it's time consuming work.20220718_084804.jpg
Do you remember how big they were at two months?

I think I’ll experiment on feeding one seedling and see how big a difference it makes.
By benguinmeowmeow
I think mine took about a month just to germinate but that was in winter so fairly cold indoors, and a month after germinating they were small, maybe 3 or 4 mm across. After another month or so when I transferred them to a pot and started feeding they really took off (I had them under cling film/saran wrap initially so didn't feed as the high humidity would have caused mould). Part of it might have been higher temperatures and more sunlight though, not just the feeding.
Intheswamp liked this
My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Counting to infinity.

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!