FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Gary
Hi all,
I got a Dana's Delight back in March. It arrived with one ~8" pitcher and although I'm very careful with watering and not letting it get overheated here in the AZ sun, the lid has slowly become brown and crisp. The other three new pitchers are doing fine. I think the original pitcher must have been left on from last season, or perhaps dormancy was skipped last winter as it would have had to grow during Jan/Feb. I'm pretty sure the Sarr is doing everything right.
Should I just leave the crispy lid on the plant, or will that cause further leaf damage? I can post a picture if needed. Thanks for all advice.
By Bluefire
You can leave it. The plant won’t mind, it’s more a question of how much YOU mind. Does it bother you? You can remove it.

The rest of the leaf, if not dry and crinkly, can still serve the plant so don’t remove the whole thing, even if it is a tad unsightly. That might not be the best thing for the plant.
By Gary
Nah, I don't mind at all. As I mentioned it's likely due to it being older. It sure has filled up with bugs, I'm considering stuffing a cotton ball in the opening. Thanks for the reply, much appreciated!
By Bluefire
Gary wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:06 am Thanks for the reply, much appreciated!
No problem! The AZ sun can dry things up real quick- my crispy flytraps would know… and the top halves of some Sarracenia pitchers (in my defense that oreophila pitcher was asking to be sat on with the way it kept bothering me on the move).
Hello, New to the forum

Welcome to the forum! We have a horrible deer i[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mine[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!