FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss water requirements, "soil" (growing media) and suitable planting containers

Moderator: Matt

By Nikson
Hey all,

I've been using my dehumidifier to provide water for my carnivorous plants recently, since I have so many now that buying distilled water nonstop is getting expensive. I haven't really had any issues with my plants so far after a few months, but I just wanted to make sure if it was ok in the long run.

I got one of those electric tester pen things off of Amazon and tested the water and it's usually in the 5-15 ppm range. Is that alright? Is there anything I need to worry about with dehumidifier water in particular, like copper or mold issues in the water?
By NightRaider
I've been using dehumidifier water solely for my indoor plants since last fall. Helis, neps, drosera, dionaea, pings, you name it. Haven't had any issues at all. Can't remember the exact ppm from when I measured, but it was similar to yours.
Nikson liked this
By Nikson
TrapsAndDews wrote:I'd think that you'd need to just make sure that the tds in your pots doesn't go up.
What's the best way to test this? Just water from the top until water comes out the bottom, and test the TDS of that?

id just leave it on its own and itll either sort i[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!