FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By power270lb
I have three hybrids One is "nepanthes lovely beast" and is Nepenthes [(lowii × veitchii) × boschiana] × (×briggsiana × ×trusmadiensis). The other is "nepanthes vivid machine" which is Nepenthes (veitchii × platychila) "MT" × maxima "Tentena". The other is called titanic savior uses two parents in N. "Titan", our monstrously vigorous female N. truncata, and N. "Savior", an obscure clone of N. spectabilis.

I have them under spider farmer SF-1000s aiming for 400-500 uMol a day and they're in plastic containers with a lid and a rock bed with water. Humidity in my home is 65% but in my plant room with the windows open it's 42%. I have a humidifier going and hasn't seemed to help. I'm in the NYC area and humidity isn't a problem here, just strange that humidity is so low in my plant room. The lids stay open inside the mini terrariums but once I take out they close. I've read several places they do this to protect the fluid in the pitchers to stop from drying out. Turned the fan off to see if it can raise the level at all.

Any suggestions at all I'd appreciate, I have tons of plants and have successfully grown droseras from seeds but geez I am fascinated with nepanthes and just want these to grow big and healthy. Unsure when to feed if pictures are needed I'll upload.
By DragonsEye
It is just that in your mini terr, humidity levels are likely far higher than in your room. If you are inclined to grow the younguns outside of a terr environment, then you need to harden them off gradually so they can adapt to the new conditions.
By power270lb
DragonsEye wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:16 pm It is just that in your mini terr, humidity levels are likely far higher than in your room. If you are inclined to grow the younguns outside of a terr environment, then you need to harden them off gradually so they can adapt to the new conditions.
Once I shut the window the humidity went up to 60% within a few minutes.

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I have found neps to be slow, especially when they[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , You can send me the info sure, thank[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Here we have a volunteer who is sharing their flyt[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!