FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

List the plants you grow

Moderator: Matt

By specialkayme
Camden M wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:00 am Hey, just wondering, where’d you get the eddy? They are really stinkin hard to find (as you most definitely know since you have one :lol: ).
I got mine from Carnivero. They usually put half a dozen or so in their inventory updates every 2 to 3 months.

They aren't insanely rare to find (https://redleafexotics.com/products/n-e ... a1ec&_ss=r https://www.carnivorousplantstore.com/p ... tambuyukon https://www.carnivero.com/products/nepe ... 0780012657) but they usually sell out quickly once they're listed.

Might be worth a shot to email Drew at Carnivero to see if he has any available, or if he plans on adding any to an inventory update in the coming months.
Camden liked this
By specialkayme
Very overdue for an update, so tossed one up.

N. 'unknown' was traded.
N. Dyeriana didn't make it. Sad times.

Added a n. Khasiana, N. Villosa, N. Macrophylla, and N. Diabolica.

In the meantime, I moved homes. Overall the plants did pretty well in the move. A few of the plants are living outside right now (N. Sanguinea, N. Petiolata x Vogelii, N. Gracifliflora variegated, N. ampullaria 'Black Miracle', and N. ampullaria (Red x Black Miracle)). The N. Petiolata x Vogelii just started flowering, first one I've brought to flower. They're hanging outside because it was easier during the move, and they appear to like the temps better. But in about a month or so I might be in trouble, as I don't think I have space in the grow area for them to come back to :? Might need to trim them back, or take cuttings.

But for now, a fun picture :)
PXL_20230829_220216754.jpg
PXL_20230829_220216754.jpg (2.31 MiB) Viewed 765 times
By specialkayme
Panman wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:47 pm So, if you end up taking cuttings ...
I'll know just where to go first :lol:

- The N. Petiolata x Vogelii should finish flowering soon, and has 2-3 basal shoots. Should be a good candidate to take a number of cuttings.
- The N. ampullaria (Red x Black Miracle) is in a similar situation. 4-5 feet tall with 2-3 basal shoots.
- The N. Sanguinea is probably about 6-7 feet tall by now. I expected it to bloom, but hasn't (yet). I'm tossing with the idea of chopping it up, or rolling the dice to see if I get a flower.
- The N. Gracifliflora variegated and N. ampullaria 'Black Miracle' are both going to force my hand. They're getting just a little bit too big for the grow space, at about 3.5-4.5 feet each, but aren't great candidates for cuttings. The gracif doesn't have any basal shoots, and the 'Black Miracle' has a mob of small basal shoots but one really woody stalk. Both would probably be good candidates to take a stab at air layering, but I don't think I have the time at this point.
-
Camden liked this
Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!