FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Moderator: Matt

By Sundews69
Hey everyone,

I noticed on my S. rubra lots and lots of mold. I haven't checked on the rubra a lot; I just got it so when I check, I only look to see if it's dying or not. The whole pot is covered in mold and lots of the pitchers and parts of the rhizome, too. I have used neem oil on other plants with mold, but that never does a thing.
By Sundews69
thepitchergrower wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:26 pm You might want to try spraying it down with hydrogen peroxide.
When we go to home depot today, I try to find some. What else can it be used for with CPs? I know there are other uses but I can't find what they are.
By davinstewart
Azoxystrobin has proven useful and is rumored to enhance growth under high lighting conditions. I'm doing an experiment to investigate that with venus flytraps this season but the results are inconclusive.

Nonetheless, it's a good fungicide for cp's and can be easily found in Scott's DiseaseEX granuales at any of the big box stores. Mix it with 1 Tbsp per gallon and apply 3 times over 3 months. It's a systemic and will work its way into the plants.
By MikeB
Any sulfur-based fungicide will work. Stay away from the copper-based formulas; they're toxic to carnivorous plants.
By za419
Sulfur-based is great for on-contact fungicide. Azoxystrobin is great for a systemic. You don't really need any more fungicide than that... Although you can always throw a colony of springtails in there, and if nothing else they help feed the plant! :lol:
Camden liked this
By Sundews69
Thanks everyone! I'll try to find some of those fungicides.
By Do_Gon
davinstewart wrote:Azoxystrobin has proven useful and is rumored to enhance growth under high lighting conditions. I'm doing an experiment to investigate that with venus flytraps this season but the results are inconclusive.

Nonetheless, it's a good fungicide for cp's and can be easily found in Scott's DiseaseEX granuales at any of the big box stores. Mix it with 1 Tbsp per gallon and apply 3 times over 3 months. It's a systemic and will work its way into the plants.
Are you using the lawn fungicide from Scott's disease ex? I don't want to get the wrong one.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

By Intheswamp
MikeB wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:50 pm Any sulfur-based fungicide will work. Stay away from the copper-based formulas; they're toxic to carnivorous plants.
Excellent tidbit of info! Thanks!
By davinstewart
Do_Gon wrote:Are you using the lawn fungicide from Scott's disease ex? I don't want to get the wrong one. Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Yep.
By Do_Gon
davinstewart wrote:
Do_Gon wrote:Are you using the lawn fungicide from Scott's disease ex? I don't want to get the wrong one. Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Yep.
Thanks for the clarification. Off to order mine now.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!