FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Moderator: Matt

By NightRaider
Sundews69 wrote:Mainly my dews, pings, utrics, and some VFTs. IDK how many or how much space they'll take up. I'm getting this setup first before I expand my collection to much. I really don't want to run out of space for seedlings.
Personally I'd recommend going a little bigger than you think you need if you can afford the space, especially if you're germinating seeds. I actually only have maybe 2-3 trays worth of pots with adult, specimen-sized plants on a 4-tray capacity rack, so mostly buying and trading doesn't fill things up very quickly. OTOH, I usually budget for an average of 1 more full 1020 tray with a 36 or 50 cell insert for every 2 months of seed bank requests, so unless you have enough self control to only sow part of each pack then it fills up quicker than you think.
By Sundews69
NightRaider wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:49 am
Sundews69 wrote:Mainly my dews, pings, utrics, and some VFTs. IDK how many or how much space they'll take up. I'm getting this setup first before I expand my collection to much. I really don't want to run out of space for seedlings.
Personally I'd recommend going a little bigger than you think you need if you can afford the space, especially if you're germinating seeds. I actually only have maybe 2-3 trays worth of pots with adult, specimen-sized plants on a 4-tray capacity rack, so mostly buying and trading doesn't fill things up very quickly. OTOH, I usually budget for an average of 1 more full 1020 tray with a 36 or 50 cell insert for every 2 months of seed bank requests, so unless you have enough self control to only sow part of each pack then it fills up quicker than you think.
I can afford the space, it's just that I cant afford something larger (Well, I can afford it, but I don't want to go blow lots of money on just a stand)
NightRaider, Camden liked this
By Sundews69
Supercazzola wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:57 am Are you using the rack inside a grow tent? That could also impact your decision on what size to use / get.
I'm not using it in a grow tent. Just against the wall in my bedroom.
By NightRaider
Sundews69 wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:16 amPictures would be very much appreciated!
Here ya go. Ignore the bottom right tray, it's bad I know but I haven't had time and at least it's just tokaensis. Btw I know we talked about a trade before so anything in the bottom left tray and the tray in the last pic is up for sale/trade. Ik tags are unreadable here but just in case something looks interesting.
Attachments:
Covered Rack.jpg
Covered Rack.jpg (562.8 KiB) Viewed 1952 times
Open Front.jpg
Open Front.jpg (957.52 KiB) Viewed 1952 times
Single Shelf.jpg
Single Shelf.jpg (901.98 KiB) Viewed 1952 times
Overhang.jpg
Overhang.jpg (472.28 KiB) Viewed 1952 times
Cable Routing.jpg
Cable Routing.jpg (874.16 KiB) Viewed 1952 times
Coloration.jpg
Coloration.jpg (1.12 MiB) Viewed 1952 times
By Sundews69
NightRaider wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:34 pm
Sundews69 wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:16 amPictures would be very much appreciated!
Here ya go. Ignore the bottom right tray, it's bad I know but I haven't had time and at least it's just tokaensis. Btw I know we talked about a trade before so anything in the bottom left tray and the tray in the last pic is up for sale/trade. Ik tags are unreadable here but just in case something looks interesting.
Sorry for not seeing this sooner! Yeah, I'm still open to trading. There's nothing that is like "OMG I need it!". Knowing what the species are would help. Especially if they have location data. Are the only things you are willing to trade in the trays you mentioned?
By NightRaider
Sundews69 wrote:Sorry for not seeing this sooner! Yeah, I'm still open to trading. There's nothing that is like "OMG I need it!". Knowing what the species are would help. Especially if they have location data. Are the only things you are willing to trade in the trays you mentioned?
There's a few more things, mostly drosera and utrics, and several I think you'll be interested in. I'll try to take inventory later and PM you a list so you'll have first dibs before I make a sale/trade thread.
By Sundews69
NightRaider wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:57 pm
Sundews69 wrote:Sorry for not seeing this sooner! Yeah, I'm still open to trading. There's nothing that is like "OMG I need it!". Knowing what the species are would help. Especially if they have location data. Are the only things you are willing to trade in the trays you mentioned?
There's a few more things, mostly drosera and utrics, and several I think you'll be interested in. I'll try to take inventory later and PM you a list so you'll have first dibs before I make a sale/trade thread.
Awesome! Thank you so much!

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I got mine from a website in the […]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to mon[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240424/a61a408[…]

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!