FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Photos of carnivorous plants other than the Venus Flytrap

Moderator: Matt

By Matt
As I've mentioned a few times previously, I acquired a huge collection of Sarracenia from FTC forum user @Dionae (@SarraceniaCrazy on Instagram or Eric Morrow) this past fall. Many of his plants were seed grown and can't be found anywhere else. I've always liked super dark Sarracenia and boy does Eric have some stunners in his collection!

Here are a few photos. Most of these are hybrids without tags, but I think they're mostly alata crosses. The darkest one of the bunch is S. (alata red & black x willisii), but the other two are not far off in the hunt for a black Sarracenia!
Unknown alata hybrid
Unknown alata hybrid
Black-alata-hybrid.jpg (818.33 KiB) Viewed 2901 times
Unknown alata hybrid
Unknown alata hybrid
Black-alata-hybrid2.jpg (1.07 MiB) Viewed 2901 times
Unknown alata hybrid
Unknown alata hybrid
Black-alata-hybrid-with-black-widow.jpg (910.39 KiB) Viewed 2901 times
S. (alata red & black x willisii)
S. (alata red & black x willisii)
Black-alata-red-and-black-x-willisii.jpg (930.99 KiB) Viewed 2901 times
Another black hybrid in a nearby tray
Another black hybrid in a nearby tray
Black-hybrid-behind-alata-red-black-x-willisii.jpg (686.55 KiB) Viewed 2901 times
ChefDean, Sundews69, MikeB and 1 others liked this
By ChefDean
Dang! He's only about 45 minutes from me, and has said I should stop by sometime. Maybe I'll have to look at that after my upcoming trip to Michigan.
Panman liked this
By DragonsEye
ChefDean wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:13 pm Dang! He's only about 45 minutes from me, and has said I should stop by sometime. Maybe I'll have to look at that after my upcoming trip to Michigan.
??? You're coming here? :shock: Where in the "mitten" state are you planning on going?
By ChefDean
We're staying out of the UP, don't worry. Yoopers scare me.
Seriously though, we're going to Garden City to visit my new found Father-in-law. (Long story, my wife finally found him after more than 40 years)
Intheswamp, Panman, evenwind and 1 others liked this
By Intheswamp
ChefDean wrote:We're staying out of the UP, don't worry. Yoopers scare me.
Seriously though, we're going to Garden City to visit my new found Father-in-law. (Long story, my wife finally found him after more than 40 years)
Ya'll have a good and safe trip!
By Intheswamp
Matt wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:03 pm As I've mentioned a few times previously, I acquired a huge collection of Sarracenia from FTC forum user @Dionae (@SarraceniaCrazy on Instagram or Eric Morrow) this past fall. Many of his plants were seed grown and can't be found anywhere else. I've always liked super dark Sarracenia and boy does Eric have some stunners in his collection!

Here are a few photos. Most of these are hybrids without tags, but I think they're mostly alata crosses. The darkest one of the bunch is S. (alata red & black x willisii), but the other two are not far off in the hunt for a black Sarracenia!

Black-alata-hybrid.jpg
Black-alata-hybrid2.jpg
Black-alata-hybrid-with-black-widow.jpg
Black-alata-red-and-black-x-willisii.jpg
Black-hybrid-behind-alata-red-black-x-willisii.jpg
*Nice looking* plants, Matt. They have a rich, royalty-look to them!!!
By DragonsEye
I do know where Garden City is. About a 45 min drive from me as I recall. Hopefully, we'll have good weather while you're in the state.
By ChefDean
Camden M wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:42 am “Found him”? Was he lost? I’m a bit confused.
We'll just say that her mother was less than forthcoming about who her biological father was for over four decades.
My wife did one of those DNA things for fun, just to see where she came from (x% Asian, y% European, z% African, etc.), and you can have your results made available to others to generate a family tree. Well, she received an email from a stranger in Michigan, asking how she is related to the sender, and my mother-in-law finally came clean about who my wife's real father was.
There's much more to the story, it would probably a good "made for TV" movie, but that's it in a nutshell.
By thepitchergrower
ChefDean wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:40 pm
There's much more to the story, it would probably a good "made for TV" movie, but that's it in a nutshell.
Maybe we'll see you on TV or in a movie one day...
By ChefDean
thepitchergrower wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:51 pm
ChefDean wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:40 pm
Maybe we'll see you on TV or in a movie one day...
I've already been on TV back in Utah, and I've been in two movies; "Snowballing" and "Dumb and Dumber".
By ChefDean
Panman wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:00 pm
ChefDean wrote:Dumb and Dumber
Which one were you?
Ouch! Very ouch buddy.
I was an extra/background in the airport stuff. That is the Salt Lake International Airport, and I worked there for 15 years.
Panman liked this

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I have found neps to be slow, especially when they[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , You can send me the info sure, thank[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Here we have a volunteer who is sharing their flyt[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!