FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about fluorescent, LED and other types of grow lighting for Venus Flytraps and other plants

Moderator: Matt

By Sundews69
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for some good lights that will give my Drosera, Pinguicula, VFTs, and other CPs great color. I'm probably gonna put them on a rack (topic54957.html). I was thinking Yescom 225, but I don't see the wattage. Any suggestions?
By NightRaider
The wattages vary slightly depending on the color/model, but the standard white or blue panels are 22w. Honestly sounds like you're putting together nearly the exact same setup I have, so I'll say that I've gotten really good color on everything I've put under white yescom panels when placed ~7" above the soil surface and still a decent amount of color at ~11". For my roughly 11x20" rack I use 1 panel per shelf, while my 36"x18" shelving gets by with 2 per shelf. They work really well with wire shelving because you can just remove the mounting wires from the clips and just use the clips alone to attach them to the shelf above, then run all your wiring across then down a corner post and secure it with some cheap zip ties.
Sundews69 liked this
By Nepenthes0260
Yescoms, while cheap, are not very strong, and to produce decent color on most CPs (non-Nepenthes) you need to have them fairly close to the plants (less than 12”). I’d recommend Mars Hydro, Bloom Plus, ViparSpectra, or Spider Farmer LEDs. They’re a tad more expensive but are very high quality and have no issues producing good color on plants.
Attachments:
A sarr hybrid grown under ViparSpectra LEDs
A sarr hybrid grown under ViparSpectra LEDs
B5203891-9AE4-464F-B4E3-2BB86E431FA4.jpeg (797.26 KiB) Viewed 3536 times
Dan V liked this
Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mine[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!