FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By Sundews69
Hey everyone,

I found some little bugs crawling around in my recently germinated VFT and D. binata pots. I tried to get a pic, but couldn't. They almost look like teeny tiny pill bugs. Whenever I try to pick one up, it just jumps to the other side of the pot. I suppose they could be springtails, but I don't really think they look like them and I don't know how they would have gotten into my pots. Should they be a concern? Does anyone know what they are?
By Sundews69
ChefDean wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:25 pm Springtails are the only ones that look like little roly poly's and spring away when disturbed. They're nothing to worry about.
Phew! Thanks!
By Sundews69
Sundews69 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:26 pm
ChefDean wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:25 pm Springtails are the only ones that look like little roly poly's and spring away when disturbed. They're nothing to worry about.
Phew! Thanks!
Oh, man, now I feel bad cause I was catching 'em before and I fed it to a baby VFT!
By ChefDean
Sundews69 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:27 pmOh, man, now I feel bad cause I was catching 'em before and I fed it to a baby VFT!
Don't feel bad. Most of them that inhabit the pots of carnivorous plants tend to end up as food anyway.
Sundews69 liked this

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? No, He hates ants. But I am pretty sur[…]

Sarracenia ID

They're either leucophylla or x moorei (flava x l[…]

I will need to check out our local TJ's. Normally […]

Order received. Your order number is 1642. I'll PM[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

This was the shipment that arrived while I was the[…]

What’s happening

It was rot Im not sure if it was root rot or crown[…]

Congrats on being a new flytrap owner! The trap wi[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!