FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Blackfeather666
Nepenthes0260 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 2:46 am That is awesome! What county were these in?
Thanks. I am sorry i dont kiss and tell so easy. Its hard work gettting out there. Its a 14 mile hike. Through swamp with tons of gators, snakes, bears, clouds of mosquitos and chiggers. On the trail the water is knee high on some spots. You will get wet. Theres a balance beam bridge which is really cool till i seen gators on the bottom :shock: . Only crazy people put there bodys through this to see a few plants :roll: explore, take a walk in nature. Injoy the view, is my best advice.
On a side note my buddy did that hike with me, he said never again. Where i am planning my next trip. But no one wants to go?
Last edited by Blackfeather666 on Fri May 13, 2022 1:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
Nepenthes0260 liked this
By Sundews69
What's a chigger?
Blackfeather666 liked this
By Dan V
Amazing to have them growing close to where you live - thanks for sharing - great pics!
By Nepenthes0260
Blackfeather666 wrote:
Nepenthes0260 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 2:46 am That is awesome! What county were these in?
Thanks. I am sorry i dont kiss and tell so easy. Its hard work gettting out there. Its a 14 mile hike. Through swamp with tons of gators, snakes, bears, clouds of mosquitos and chiggers. On the trail the water is knee high on some spots. You will get wet. Theres a balance beam bridge which is really cool till i seen gators on the bottom :shock: . Only crazy people put there bodys through this to see a few plants :roll: explore, take a walk in nature. Injoy the view, is my best advice.
On a side note my buddy did that hike with me, he said never again. Where i am planning my next trip. But no one wants to go?
Ah ok, totally understand not wanting to reveal location in case of poachers. Although county location won't reveal anything about the actual precise habitat of the plants ;)

I fully understand how miserable Sarracenia habitats can be for humans. Last fall I went running around in bogs quite a bit myself, and by the end of the day was covered in mosquito bites and sweat! Worth it for the plants though! XD

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of […]

My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!