FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss fertilization techniques here. For advanced growers only!

Moderator: Matt

By Ewreck
What kind of applicators/pipette things does everyone use? The only syringes I have a pretty large gauge for like muscular injections and are sharp and make pretty big drops. So I took the needle off and am using just the dropper part and kind of dragging the drop on the seedlings leaves. So I am looking for one to make precision drops lol. I tried using the search bar but it just shows everyone’s posts about pipettes. Thanks everyone
By Panman
I use a syringe I got at Michael's craft store.
Screenshot_20220115-133947_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220115-133947_Chrome.jpg (561.82 KiB) Viewed 7038 times
https://www.michaels.com/the-beadsmith- ... 0688S.html
Ewreck liked this
By nimbulan
I strongly recommend a squeeze bottle rather than a syringe, it's a lot easier to use. They sell them as oil/glue applicator bottles and use the same needle tips. I have one with a ~25 gauge needle which works very well on even very small sundew seedlings.
Last edited by nimbulan on Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dan V liked this
By thepitchergrower
Traps and dews, you could, but it would be less precise. I agree with Nimbulan. Syringes have a lot of problems. I think there are plexiglass aplicators too.
By Cross
nimbulan wrote:I strongly recommend a squeeze bottle rather than a syringe, it's a lot easier to use. They sell them as oil/glue applicator bottles and use the same needle tips. I have one with a ~25 gauge needle which works very well on even very small sundew seedlings.
Link or they don't exist.... do they have a cap? Like can I put glue in them and then cap for use later?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Dan V liked this
By Ewreck
Man I actually seen the squeeze bottle type when I was looking earlier but didn’t think anything of it. Hopefully these ones that I ordered work well enough if not I’ll try those.
By nimbulan
Cross wrote:
nimbulan wrote:I strongly recommend a squeeze bottle rather than a syringe, it's a lot easier to use. They sell them as oil/glue applicator bottles and use the same needle tips. I have one with a ~25 gauge needle which works very well on even very small sundew seedlings.
Link or they don't exist.... do they have a cap? Like can I put glue in them and then cap for use later?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
There's lots of options, but you can get sets like this with multiple bottles and tip sizes: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07S1S1HMG/
Ewreck, Dan V liked this
By Ewreck
I got them in the mail today and the 27ga size works great. It does super small droplets that I can put on the tiny drosera seedlings leaves. I was also able to put some in the little pitcher that opened up on one of my basals.
Dan V liked this

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Drosera germination time

Re: germination time, I got some d. madagascariens[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!