FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Pinguicula care here

Moderator: Matt

By Nikson
Hey all,

I used to feed my pinguicula gigantea every few weeks with a tiny bit powdered bloodworm, until recently when it's somehow managed to attract every small insect inside my house and is now feasting naturally.

However, on one of the big leaves where I sprinkled a tiny amount of powdered bloodworm, it looks like it's suffering from some kind of burn or something? Like little spots that look like they're turning yellow?

I've since stopped feeding it for weeks now, but was it because I overfed it?

By Carnies
Looks like it burned to me. Too much fertilizer or bloodworms in your case can lead to leaf burn. I wouldn't worry about it, it doesn't look like the whole leaf is affected.
Nikson liked this
By Nikson
Carnies wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:43 am Looks like it burned to me. Too much fertilizer or bloodworms in your case can lead to leaf burn. I wouldn't worry about it, it doesn't look like the whole leaf is affected.
Sounds good, thanks man! Yeah I guess maybe the little bit I sprinkled on had a big bit in it or something. Do you know if the leaves are capable of healing the burn at all? Or does it just stay like that until the leaf falls off eventually.
By optique
I have fed mine paste made from betta pellets with no bad effects. its really easy to over do it with blood worms. I am currently trying my hand at breeding mid end "Neocaridina davidi" and plan on feeding the culls to my plants.
By Carnies
Nikson wrote: Do you know if the leaves are capable of healing the burn at all? Or does it just stay like that until the leaf falls off eventually.

I think it might stay there until the leaf dies off.

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Fishing

Hi Chef, I'm interested in whatever you have that […]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!