FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Pinguicula care here

Moderator: Matt

By porpoise223
got these p. Aphrodite from SNW a few months ago and they seem to be doing well to me, but they’re my first and only pinguicula, how are they looking? any tips/advice? how long should I let the water tray run dry for?

thanks! :D
Attachments:
1FD98AD8-007A-4F8F-82B0-CCAA9E1CDE31.jpeg
1FD98AD8-007A-4F8F-82B0-CCAA9E1CDE31.jpeg (1.75 MiB) Viewed 8133 times
By Supercazzola
Yours look 1000x better than mine and i got them for the same place, almost same timeframe. Whatever you are doing, keep doing it. And please tell about your growing environment.
By porpoise223
thank you so much! I’m seriously glad they’re looking good! I don’t do anything too special, I grow them in my closet w/ a small fan always on to ensure decent air flow. for lights I’m using mainly a 60w LED 5000 lumen bright white shop light I got from menards, along with a 32w cheap blurple grow light, I know a weird mix of lights lol but it seems to be working! I keep them in half an inch to two thirds an inch of water, letting it dry out until only the top of the soil feels just dry, then refill w/ distilled.

thanks again :)
Supercazzola liked this
By JoshDoe
the leaf color is a prettier purple than mine. I had a rough start but they're recovering now lots of new leaves and they both have flowers but the leaves are a weird green purple not a pink purple like they should be. I'd say you're doing a great job on them, but I'm on my first one myself.
Supercazzola liked this
By Pumpkinrab88
Yours definitely look 100times healthier and more red than mine!
How far do you put it under the grow light? I’m using a yellow and white t5 grow light but the leaves are just half green and half pink

From what I remember, one quarter teaspoon per ga[…]

rustoleum 2x painters touch, but i do touch them u[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

worm in substrate?

Yes. It looks like a fungus gnat larvae to me as[…]

These are argentine ants, to the best of my know[…]

Unkown sarracenia

I got these sarracenia from sarracenia northwest a[…]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!