FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Announcements, as well as comments and suggestions about the FlytrapCare Forum itself. For all Forum members.

Moderator: Matt

By Artchic528
I’m seeing pop up ads a lot while on mobile. In fact it’s nearly every time I tap on a thread to see it. Is this normal?
By Supercazzola
I see adds on the iPhone but not on other devices. Also, on the iPhone I notice buttons are missing (presumable due to screen real estate ). For example the “mark all as read” button when you are on the unread posts page. Not sure if Matt can do anything about that, but I’d gladly support this site with a yearly contribution to make the ads go away and bring all features to iPhone view.
By Matt
Yeah, I agree that the transitional pop-up ads are pretty annoying. I can certainly do something about those. They do provide Leah and me with a little additional revenue (not enough if they are driving people away though). Maybe I can just disable them for logged-in users...I think I'll do that!

As for the disappearing features, that's not related to the ads. I think that's just a result of the responsive design accommodating a small screen. I don't think there's anything to be done with that.
By Supercazzola
Matt, how about entertaining a paid membership? Not mandatory, but maybe the user gets more private message storage, or a fancy “badge” next to their name. Something to help you and Leah out with the move or other expenses? Just a thought….
evenwind liked this
By Matt
@Supercazzola, That would be worth considering to do as well! Just need some time to implement these things!! Maybe this winter I'll be able to get a few days to separate from propagating plants and working on improving this forum more. Thanks for the ideas!
Supercazzola liked this
Finally

Finally getting some adult shaped pitchers after m[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!