FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about terrariums, mini bogs, greenhouses and other growing environments

Moderator: Matt

By Nepenthes0260
Hello!

I recently upgraded my current Heliamphora setup into something bigger. The only problem is that it gets 75 degrees, which my current plants are used to in the day, but I'm ordering some picky helis and some highland-ultra highland neps, which I'm worried about. I have a H. heterodoxa currently in there, and it looks like it's doing fine. Does anyone have tips on keeping the highland tank cool or how they do theirs?

Thanks,
Nepenthes0260
By Hungry Plants
Lots of people on a budget use ice packs of one form or another. Others us Peltier cooler or chillers. I guess it all depends on the size of your setup and wallet.
By Nepenthes0260
Hungry Plants wrote:Lots of people on a budget use ice packs of one form or another. Others us Peltier cooler or chillers. I guess it all depends on the size of your setup and wallet.
Thanks for the reply! I already put frozen bottles of water in my current highland setup on hot summer days, but I'll definitely keep my eye out for a peltier cooler.
By Nepenthes0260
Benurmanii wrote:If you can, opening the windows at night is really one of the best methods for most of the year.
Thanks for the reply! I do open my window to some extent at night, althought the reptiles and frogs in my room limit that.
Finally

Finally getting some adult shaped pitchers after m[…]

Question Pest Control

Most growers opt for natural or organic pest contr[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!