FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about terrariums, mini bogs, greenhouses and other growing environments

Moderator: Matt

By GiddyORION
Well since I already have Two Kessils which are white-blue, I think really I'll be only lacking (mostly) red. So, what if I put up the two Kessils (A350w and A360we) side by side with two of these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00GNWK2 ... ref=plSrch

All are to be suspended be ~20inches away from plants. Sound bueno?

Thanks all
By GiddyORION
I will say this: the issue of lighting is becoming discouraging. I at first was going to run the two Kessils (I also have a third) only, but apparently they start at 10k color temp and will not get me results (Edit: one of them starts at 6000k, which is a lot better, but that accounts for half the growspace). Then it seems R/B LEDs are the best overall, except they are ugly as all hell. And then there's my somewhat strange dimensions of 3x2.

I simply don't know how to go about this. It seems maintaining aesthetic value while also providing the most amount of useable light possible to these plants is a balance far more difficult to obtain than I had hoped.

I'll refer back and alter my previous question: will running 3 of the Kessils provide enough collective red to the plants assuming full white is dialed on?
By Hungry Plants
Take this with a grain of salt. Frome what I have been told the K rating is less impotent then the par. So in a sense as long as the light is strong enough the color is not important. You could also go with a three foot for bulb T5HO.
By GiddyORION
I know, late on the update, and not even really that big of one either. Slight setback, give me a few days. did get this in though...
Attachments:
IMG_1081.JPG
IMG_1081.JPG (43.76 KiB) Viewed 5683 times
By GiddyORION
UPDATE TIME

Set up is complete, just need to move stuff where its supposed to go and assemble the misting system. Plants will come shortly.

As to the cooling system, I have managed a minimum of 58 degrees at the farthest point from the radiator, 53 degrees right in front of it, and 55 at the farthest point in line with the fan. If this becomes problematic as I start loading up the tank I may increase the radiator to a dual-fan unit for more surface area.

BIG thanks to @JPowell who helped me choose the lighting (Kessil). Thankfully I had a leftover 10,000k light that really helps offset the blinding purple from the growlight.

Thanks for looking!

PICS:
Attachments:
IMG_1098.JPG
IMG_1098.JPG (69.52 KiB) Viewed 5652 times
IMG_1099.JPG
IMG_1099.JPG (97.82 KiB) Viewed 5652 times
IMG_1100.JPG
IMG_1100.JPG (147.25 KiB) Viewed 5652 times
IMG_1101.JPG
IMG_1101.JPG (157.01 KiB) Viewed 5652 times
By Rammplins
Very nice! Sleek, streamlined, and beautiful........My setup looks like it was made by Dr. Frankenstein

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Finally

Finally getting some adult shaped pitchers after m[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!