FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about terrariums, mini bogs, greenhouses and other growing environments

Moderator: Matt

By _-SphagnumFromHell-_
Hello,

We just switched some things around in the room where I grow a lot of my plants. I have so much more room now! I was thinking of fitting a grow light and a terrarium in the center here for some Drosera and Nepenthes. But I have close to no experience on artificial lighting and terrarium builds so I don't know what I should use. So I would like to see other growers' grow spaces and setups with some descriptions on the lights and equipment used. Thanks.
Growing Area.JPG
Growing Area.JPG (1.55 MiB) Viewed 3871 times
By paulsflytrap
hey,
so at the moment i have at least 4 different LED grow lights on my plants,
seems the more i use the better they grow :)
if you would like i can post a few light pics on your channel.
By Doublebass1985
It's still a work in progress ,but here's my setup. I think it does OK I'm happy with the results. I'm using around 32 LED bulbs that range from 8W-12W. Bulbs facing downward are all grow bulbs and the horizontal bulbs are 5K and a few 2.7K. Scrap wood around the house was used to construct frame mainly it was just the electrical sockets that I had to buy. In the metal box in the background has streetlight led panels that I got from my dads work lol they are way to bright to look at ,but they aren't the cool white color it's more of a soft warm color even though I guess it's suppose to be 5K Idk. I made everything so it's adjustable to plants.
Attachments:
IMAG0370.jpg
IMAG0370.jpg (1.27 MiB) Viewed 3782 times
IMAG0369.jpg
IMAG0369.jpg (1.27 MiB) Viewed 3782 times
By riveraXVX
Doublebass1985 wrote:It's still a work in progress ,but here's my setup. I think it does OK I'm happy with the results. I'm using around 32 LED bulbs that range from 8W-12W. Bulbs facing downward are all grow bulbs and the horizontal bulbs are 5K and a few 2.7K. Scrap wood around the house was used to construct frame mainly it was just the electrical sockets that I had to buy. In the metal box in the background has streetlight led panels that I got from my dads work lol they are way to bright to look at ,but they aren't the cool white color it's more of a soft warm color even though I guess it's suppose to be 5K Idk. I made everything so it's adjustable to plants.
holy cow! I understand why those LED bulbs are working for you you so well now at least!! I actually love this monstrosity of a setup. my wife would absolutely murder me if we tried that here (our setups are bad enough as far as eyesores go) this whole time I pictured you having like 3 of those bulbs :lol:
By riveraXVX
is there a reason you don't go with something like an LED panel or perhaps shoplighting vs just a huge assortment of individual bulbs? at $5 bulb +fixtures you are looking at 3+ marshydro units there
By Doublebass1985
Well when I first planned it out I was gonna try to get each plant it's own bulb so I can maximize the light intensity by having it closer than with a panel a few more inches away. Maybe you could use a Mars hydro an inch away Idk, but I know my setup is not really the most economical solution however I can't complain about the results either. I calculated about 42,000 lumens that is lighting up an area of about 1.5' x 3'.
My sundew isn’t eating!

Hi guys here are my baby sundews now! Please like![…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!