FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about terrariums, mini bogs, greenhouses and other growing environments

Moderator: Matt

By yukondave
I silicone a rare earth magnet to the fan frame then position the fan where I want it and put another magnet on the other side of the glass. ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
yukondave liked this
By Rammplins
That's ingenious! I just might steal that idea for a future tank. The only fans I have in the tank are attached to my cooler, but those are only on at night. My day airflow comes from my fogger, I wired it so that the fan always stays on.
By yukondave
Hungry Plants wrote:Ok sounds good. You have to mout the fan backwards so it blows in the tank right?
I have 2 tanks with fans blowing in and 2 tanks with fans blowing out, I don't see a difference.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
By riveraXVX
yukondave wrote:I silicone a rare earth magnet to the fan frame then position the fan where I want it and put another magnet on the other side of the glass. ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
that is a fantastic idea, I like a good simple solution to things like this and implore similar in other applications with magnets also!
By Hungry Plants
OK, my fan came in. It has three wires. Red, Black and yellow. Do I use all three or just red and black?
By yukondave
Hungry Plants wrote:OK, my fan came in. It has three wires. Red, Black and yellow. Do I use all three or just red and black?
The red and black, the yellow is usually used to read the rpm. The voltage should be marked on the fan.Image

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
yukondave liked this

rustoleum 2x painters touch, but i do touch them u[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

From what I remember, one quarter teaspoon per gal[…]

worm in substrate?

Yes. It looks like a fungus gnat larvae to me as[…]

These are argentine ants, to the best of my know[…]

Unkown sarracenia

I got these sarracenia from sarracenia northwest a[…]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!