FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Have excess seed? Share it with other members here.

Moderator: Matt

By Ras
pm me for details and what you want in return, or post here
im not really after seeds from typicals though, unless its from a good looking plant (colorful or big, and so on)

if its plants or seeds you want in return try to keep it within my growlist, I obviously wont have much other cps for trade
I mainly I have alot of sundews,

ALSO
if you have any ping seeds let me know what kind, i might want to buy or trade for them too
or sar seeds with (expected) color to them, would be interested in those as well
By Ras
I already bought a batch of those last year and im buying the red mix this friday I think :P I'm trying to widen my gene range as much as possible, planning on sowing a few hundred or more seeds in a massive pot similar to how matt did it here http://www.flytrapcare.com/carnivorous- ... otoid=4971

only I wont be separating the seeds with different pots, Im thinking im going to fill a horse troth with peat and sand and just let the seeds grow a jungle in it

his seeds are great, and actually very cheap
but i have a limited price range at the moment thats why I figured id make a post and see if i cant trade for some or buy them for a little cheaper and try to get as much as possible before I go crazy on fts seeds
By David F
Most serious VFT growers propagate by asexual means, it is likely that the FTS will have the most fantastic parentage and by far the best deal.

Also this isn't the time of year when growers are running into a lot of VFT seeds, usually springtime is a better season to ask (or early summer).

One final note, I may have limited FTS in the weeks to come, which I could be willing to trade for species of sundew. Otherwise, best of luck they can be hard to come by.
David F liked this
By Ras
David F wrote:Most serious VFT growers propagate by asexual means, it is likely that the FTS will have the most fantastic parentage and by far the best deal.

Also this isn't the time of year when growers are running into a lot of VFT seeds, usually springtime is a better season to ask (or early summer).

One final note, I may have limited FTS in the weeks to come, which I could be willing to trade for species of sundew. Otherwise, best of luck they can be hard to come by.
yea thanks, I figured as much
but guys you need to realize I understand there are places to buy them, this is winter , I know how seeds are made and that fts seeds will be from a wide range of parents. etc etc lol that isnt what I asked in the post though. it may seem as if I dont know what I am doing, but I do.
I still am looking for them in hopes to have them by spring for planting, I understand the oddness of this post but believe me I realize what I'm doing.
I am trying to get a collection of seeds for spring, if I cant get them by spring I will end up buying All of them from FTS and using the seeds I harvest from my plants
Why I'm looking for them in places other then fts is like i said, to get the widest range possible. By that I mean i am 100% sure there are vfts out there that fts doesn't have, since I am already going to end up buying from fts anyways and I already have before some seeds from other places would be nice to mix in.. Im looking for more randomness if at all possible aswell as maybe obtain some seeds by trading plants

so, back on track
If anyone has them I am still looking
still looking for sars and ping seeds aswell
thanks
By Nick_
Yeah but Dionaea seeds can produce whatever kind of offspring it wants, it won't be the same as the mother plant
By Ras
Nick_ wrote:Yeah but Dionaea seeds can produce whatever kind of offspring it wants, it won't be the same as the mother plant
hahah dudes
I know this stuff already, this isnt why I made the post.
if you know every seed is unique then you also know seeds from the same pod are VERY often VERY similar
besides that fact there is more then one reason why Im looking for seeds elsewhere aswell as fts store
I don't care to write it a third or fourth time..I seriously lost count.
By David F
ROFL, yeah you cleared it up and kept getting hammered, sorry for the confusion I understand now.

I'm actually curious now as well, there many other places that do VFT seeds with unique parentage as a specialization other than FTS? Dunno!

Good luck man!
David F liked this
By Ras
I've wondered that myself
so far FTS is the only place I know that has unique and good seeds, as well as their own line of cultivars maroon monster, crimson sawtooth, purple ambush, so on I can't find anyone who really does that other then this site and hobbyists with seedgrown plants (who are mainly associated with this site)
if you find one let me know, Im very interested in some unique clones
and let me know about those seeds you were talking about if you get them and Ill see if i have something you want
By David F
Will do!
Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!