FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss fertilization techniques here. For advanced growers only!

Moderator: Matt

Are you interested in purchasing a small quantity of liquid azoxystrobin?

Yes
29%
No
43%
I require additional information
29%
By jetfire245
Hi y'all,

Getting right to it. As some of you are aware: Azoxystrobin is an extremely useful fungicide with benefits that include extending chlorophyll lifespan and increasing the plants ability to photosynthesize.

Like many of you, I've been using scott's disease ex for my azoxystrobin resource.

I'm not 100% satisfied with how it mixes in a gallon jug even after adding soap as an emulsifier.

With that I ask: Is anyone in this community interested in the liquid form of azoxystrobin? It could offer us more precise dosing and better water solubility.

Here's the product: https://www.domyown.com/azoxy-2sc-selec ... XyQQAvD_Bw

I'm not seeking to make a profit. I'd prefer to just break even so we can try this chemical in one of its more pure forms.

Anyways, reply if you're potentially interested in purchasing a small quantity of the liquid azoxystrobin. And also please shoot ideas how I could ship this to members including how I'd package the product and send it out.

Ultimately just looking to help myself while also helping everyone else.
By jetfire245
Sundews69 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:04 am I have no idea how to use this and I really don't want to kill my plants on accident.
It's been used on numerous occasions by even more numerous members. It's perfectly safe for carnivorous plants and actually will improve their health and prevent fungal growth. Definitely worth researching.
Sundews69 liked this
By Sundews69
jetfire245 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:31 am
Sundews69 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:04 am I have no idea how to use this and I really don't want to kill my plants on accident.
It's been used on numerous occasions by even more numerous members. It's perfectly safe for carnivorous plants and actually will improve their health and prevent fungal growth. Definitely worth researching.
How do I apply it? Mist it on the foliage, spray it directly on media, etc.? Do I mix it with low ppm water? If so, to what ratio?
By za419
I'd be more interested in it in theory if I didn't already have DiseaseEx around.... :oops:

I assume you'd be selling the concentrate, not the diluted mix, then?
By jetfire245
za419 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:23 am I'd be more interested in it in theory if I didn't already have DiseaseEx around.... :oops:

I assume you'd be selling the concentrate, not the diluted mix, then?
Certainly the concentrate. It would be the most economical to ship and would allow me to send larger quantities of azoxystrobin.

It's important to note that disease ex is not explicitly made for the way we use it at all. It's not particularly good at staying soluble in a liquid with the pelletized version.

Unlike the liquid form specifically formulated in an emulsion to prevent the azoxystrobin from seperating from the water.

Really, the current azoxystrobin mixture we use is a result of trial and error - and very little trial and error at that. Certainly not any degree of scientific accuracy.

The liquid form is specifically produced to be used as a foilar spray and was tested specifically for the way we use it.
By Dan V
I would be interested in giving it a try even though I have a bag of disease ex.
What's the dilution rate that you're planning to use with the Azoxy 2SC Select??
(The recommended rate: For spot treatments, use 0.4 oz. Azoxy 2SC Select per 1 to 2 gallons of water.)
I use two gallons per treatment using the Scotts product.

Thinking about (2) or (4) ounces. pm price(s) Thanks
By jetfire245
Dan V wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:30 am two gallons to treat all plants
Oh. Dear God okay. I just needed clarification lol. I was gonna be amazed at how you managed to get two gallons into a single plant lol.

Anyways. As far as specifics of purchase goes. I was saying I'm not experienced sending liquids like this around. I'm unsure on what containers to use and how much to actually ship out.
Last edited by jetfire245 on Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Dan V
No problem, I have never shipped a liquid either.
I was curious about the statement you made about the Scotts azoxystrobin separating from water, do you have details about how long it takes to separate? I always assumed that it would remain in suspension and have been letting the solids settle out for a few hours before using.
By jetfire245
Dan V wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:26 am No problem, I have never shipped a liquid either.
I was curious about the statement you made about the Scotts azoxystrobin separating from water, do you have details about how long it takes to separate? I always assumed that it would remain in suspension and have been letting the solids settle out for a few hours before using.
The granular form was not designed for the azoxystrobin to stay in suspension. Just placed on the lawn and watered. Frankly, the way we have used the granular form of azoxystrobin is questionable at best when you consider the fact that azoxystrobin by itself is not very water soluble.

Anyways the 2sc version is significantly more concentrated and because the formulation has it in suspension already, it can be readily mixed with water without issue of it all dropping to the bottom in addition to the fact because it's so easy to add into liquid, you can dramatically increase the amount of azoxystrobin treatment you have per oz.

Long story short, this form is specifically for sprayer applications, and this will not clog sprayers like the disease ex will. In addition to the fact that we can use more azoxystrobin in less water, this will make treatment much easier and efficient.

https://yardmastery.com/products/azoxys ... -diseaseex

This website explains a bit how the disease ex was not meant for dissolving in water.
Dan V liked this
Hello, New to the forum

I wish! These are city slicker deer. No hunting […]

Introduction: In today's modern society, individua[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!