FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Nikson
Hey all,

I was checking on my young Judith Hindle this morning and saw that all of the traps look destroyed by something. Is it some kind of bug that ate them all? None of my other plants have been eaten or anything nearby, just the Judith Hindle. I do see some cobwebs of some sort inside the plant, but I don't see any spider mites. I do remember seeing little spiders living inside my traps.

I checked up close and I don't see any pests or anything. The traps just look like they got chewed on or something, and the lids are gone. One of them even fell in half. Any reason this could have happened? They haven't really been growing that well this season, the traps have all been a little deformed so far.

By Nikson
I think we do get Japanese Beetles here in Georgia, but I haven't personally seen any yet with my own eyes. One of my raspberry plants looks shredded on the deck, like one of the leaves is turned into a skeleton, but none of my other plants look particularly battered or eaten, so I have no idea.

I have seen what I think are tree cricket nymphs every once in a while crawling around in my deck garden, maybe they're responsible.
By Panman
Look under the moss for caterpillars. I had them eating plants last year. They hide under the moss at night.
Nikson liked this
By Nikson
I picked up all the moss to take a look and didn't see anything under there. I did see that the soil that came with the plant has been "compacted" a little bit except for the part where the rhizome is, so I can see a little bit of exposed root. Should I fill it in with peat moss, or will the LFSM be ok for covering it?

id just leave it on its own and itll either sort i[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!