FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about terrariums, mini bogs, greenhouses and other growing environments

Moderator: Matt

By Chloroplast92
Hey everyone, I'm working on making one of those nice looking ping rock set ups that are seen around. I've seen some pretty good looking rocks that have pings all over the place even on very steep sides. My question is how do you guys manage to get them to cling on when they have such short roots and how do you get them to cling to the sides of the rock. I also want to know what type of moss is grown on them since it doesn't look like your typical green or red moss grown with neps or many other plants.

Thanks
By hollyhock
I used pumice that I found at a local tropical fish store. I believe that lava rock can also be used for a ping on rock setup. Both are very pourous rocks have natural crevices and "holes" . You can also use a drill and create a few places to plant your pings. I filled the holes with a small amount of mineral mix that I use for the Mexican pings. They will find a way to attach since their roots are so shallow. As far as the moss I am not really sure what type it is. Some just started to grow naturally on mine.
Attachments:
IMG_20180320_192623.jpg
IMG_20180320_192623.jpg (2.55 MiB) Viewed 3119 times
hollyhock liked this
By Chloroplast92
Wow that's an amazing looking set up you have there!! So I'll just drill some holes through it and hope it works out. I was looking at some large black lava rock that I might get from Amazon. I just don't know which would be better, the black lava rock or the pumice.
Yellowish leaves on N. ventrata

So, what's your watering frequency? :)

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Drosera germination time

I planted seven different types of seeds on 03/09/[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Counting to infinity.

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!