FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Pinguicula care here

Moderator: Matt

By MissPing
Recently I have become increasingly worried about the colour of my pings. It is because I moved one of my aphrodite's to a window upstairs to help my familys fruit fly problem. On the window it got less light hours but obiously the sun is stronger than any growlight. My concern is that the aphrodites I left under the growlight have remained very pale whereas the one on the window became much a darker green with wider leaves. Now the logical side of me assumes that it because less light hours means they need more chlorophyl and a wider surface area to photosynthesis efficiently but the other side is worried that the pale ones are unwell. The one from the window just looks so much healthier. Also they were roughly the same size when I moved it. Does anyone have any pings that get full sun all day that are a light green colour with thin leaves? Is it normal? I will attach a photo comparing the two. The left is the growlight only and the right is the one from the window.
Aphrodite pings comparison aug 27th 2022.jpg
Aphrodite pings comparison aug 27th 2022.jpg (1.41 MiB) Viewed 2807 times
SIde note; the growlight is bright enough to make my pings blush ie. the ones that do like cyclosecta, laueana, emarginata...
By Bug_cemetery
It’s the light! My Aphrodite that is under a yescom panel is quite pale (almost white with a pink blush) and slow growing. I would not say it’s unhealthy but I think your happy green plant is showing how it thrives with less light stress.
My sundew isn’t eating!

Hi guys here are my baby sundews now! Please like![…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!