FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss water requirements, "soil" (growing media) and suitable planting containers

Moderator: Matt

By Intheswamp
I'm using mosquito dunks in my 32-gallon garbage can water storage. Every 30 days or so I break 1/4 to 1/5 of a dunk off and drop it in the water and put the lid on. This is my bulk, long-term storage. I've noticed that after 30 days that the "chunk of dunk" is still floating around the surface of the water...a little ragged, but still a mass. The very recent thread where a user posted their concern about watering some plants with some rancid "Mosquito Bit" water got me to thinking...could the remnants of the Mosquito Dunks cause rot and rancidity? Better to remove the old pieces?
By Panman
I've never done that. I toss 1/4ish of a chunk in my water reservoir every month. There's undissolved bits floating around, but I haven't noticed any ill effects.
Intheswamp liked this
By jetfire245
Product directions do not indicate need for removal. I struggle with reading myself but I don't bother with little particles.

Nothing bad they can do. It's still the same bacteria at the end of the day no matter how old.
Not what you would expect...

https://gardenerspath.com/how-to/disease-and-pests[…]

From what I remember, one quarter teaspoon per ga[…]

rustoleum 2x painters touch, but i do touch them u[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

worm in substrate?

Yes. It looks like a fungus gnat larvae to me as[…]

Unkown sarracenia

I got these sarracenia from sarracenia northwest a[…]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!