FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

FlytrapCare Forum periodic photo contests

Moderator: Matt

By camsdad66
Thanks, Appolyon! The pitcher isn't as big as it seems in the photo, it stands at about maybe 3-3.5 inches. I've had the plant for a couple years now, and i put it outside when the spring temps warm up, then back inside around this time of year. (Just brought it in this weekend, as our temps are starting to cool off here in Louisiana). It does very well during the warm humid summers, had like 6 nice pitchers on it at one point. Inside, it just kind of gets by....lol.
All the best!

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Apollyon liked this
By Panman
Only three days left in the October photo contest. I am super excited to see all of the participation. 28 members have posted their favorite CP plant shot, and they are spectacular. Thank you to everyone who has participated so far. There are still a few days left, so submit your pictures and vote for (thumbs up) your favorite pictures.

Here are the standings so far, but anything can still happen.
Code: Select all
Herbz187		13
That one plant boi	10
Nepenthes0260		8
Sanguinearocks101	7
StaatS+17+		7
MikeB			6
Chomato			6
Optique			5
Panman			5
ChefDean		5
f1appyb1rd		5
Mo_carnivore		5
Berrybob		4
Murkywaters		4
PlanT640847401		4
Sp0nser			4
Yardleyq1987		4
Apollyon		3
Dreadredhead		3
Camsdad66		3
Bobioden		3
Ben Goudge		2
There have been a couple of entries that have been disqualified for posting multiple shots. Please read the contest rules in the first post.
By Panman
Ben Goudge wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:15 am I suck lol... Maybe next month.
Apollyon wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:45 pm Same. Next time I'm gonna try Sarracenia :lol:
I don't want you guys to get discouraged. Even if you don't get the most votes, I think it is great that we get to share our shots with everyone else. We are all at different levels of growing and photography. Keep posting and practicing. You may end up with that magic shot.
Ben Goudge liked this
By chomato
Panman wrote:
Apollyon wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:45 pm Same. Next time I'm gonna try Sarracenia Image
I don't want you guys to get discouraged. Even if you don't get the most votes, I think it is great that we get to share our shots with everyone else. We are all at different levels of growing and photography. Keep posting and practicing. You may end up with that magic shot.
I might have to invest on a DSLR just to be able to take better quality pics
By Herbz187
chomato wrote:
Panman wrote:
Apollyon wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:45 pm Same. Next time I'm gonna try Sarracenia Image
I use a macro lens on my phone works pretty good check it out

https://www.instagram.com/herbz187?r=nametag

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

By chomato
Herbz187 wrote:
chomato wrote:
Panman wrote: I don't want you guys to get discouraged. Even if you don't get the most votes, I think it is great that we get to share our shots with everyone else. We are all at different levels of growing and photography. Keep posting and practicing. You may end up with that magic shot.
I use a macro lens on my phone works pretty good check it out

https://www.instagram.com/herbz187?r=nametag

Ah, but what phone are you using? My S9+ can only do so much
By Panman
The results are in and @Herbz187 is indeed the winner. I have seen some of his other photos, and he definitely has the knack. Here is the winning image.

Herbz187, PM me and we will sort out the details of your prize. You have the choice of an Alien VFT from Matt at the Flytrap Store if you pick up the shipping. The other option is a seed prize pack of VFT OP, Drosera intermedia, and Sarracenia flava. PM me and let me know your choice and we will get the prize to you.

Next up, our November contest. Keep your eyes on the Photo Contest Forum for the full details.
Ben Goudge liked this
By Herbz187
Panman wrote:The results are in and @Herbz187 is indeed the winner. I have seen some of his other photos, and he definitely has the knack. Here is the winning image.

Herbz187, PM me and we will sort out the details of your prize. You have the choice of an Alien VFT from Matt at the Flytrap Store if you pick up the shipping. The other option is a seed prize pack of VFT OP, Drosera intermedia, and Sarracenia flava. PM me and let me know your choice and we will get the prize to you.

Next up, our November contest. Keep your eyes on the Photo Contest Forum for the full details.
Wooh nice thank yall for liking my picture i don't have alien on my collection and i really appreciate this wana thank matt and everyone that made this possible Image

I didn't pollinate any of them. I'll be surprised […]

All Mineral Media

Do people generally buy the 50lb bag of turfac[…]

belloda requests D. capillaris (Butler Co., AL), […]

Another eBay Deal

Wow. Thats seems like a really good deal.

Expanding the Garden

It was a bunch of pepper plants mainly, along with[…]

What’s happening

It looks to be planted too deep. You want the rhiz[…]

Thank you for the seeds and the little gift Cant w[…]

rotted S. purpurea rhizome??

www.hccarnivorousplants.co.uk Wow. I wish we […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!