FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By PetroleumJunkie412
So, and update.

Eddie is growing. And by growing, I mean it is growing faster than any of the seed grown hybrids I have. Think Maxima and Bicalcarata got into the steroids and coffee one night, and had offspring, and then that offspring was put on high dosages of ADD meds. That sort of fast. Chuck Yeager fast. Usain Bolt being chased by a grizzly fast.

...ok, maybe not that fast, but it is definitely growing faster than any of my other seedlings or purebreeds. Pics to follow.
By toothybois4L
Can we get an update? :D Also, did you have success using MaxSea with your eddy early on in its growth?
I recently got an XXS eddy about the size of a quarter and I was thinking about trying to jumpstart growth, but I am nervous about trying it lol
By specialkayme
toothybois4L wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 3:03 am Can we get an update? :D Also, did you have success using MaxSea with your eddy early on in its growth?
I recently got an XXS eddy about the size of a quarter and I was thinking about trying to jumpstart growth, but I am nervous about trying it lol
Drew at Carnivero recommended, for eddy, MaxSea at 800ppm straight into the pitcher, and cautioned that eddy doesn't like much fertilizer on it's leaves.

I normally feed at 300ppm, and spray all the leaves as well. But I followed Drew's recommendation on my eddy. Seems to be doing well.

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Drosera germination time

Re: germination time, I got some d. madagascariens[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!