FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By StephenB200+
I got these seedlings going under growlights with a heating mat. How would you folks recommend moving them outdoors? They’re rather delicate looking so I don’t want them to get sunburned.
Attachments:
IMG_1407.jpeg
IMG_1407.jpeg (4.61 MiB) Viewed 764 times
By Panman
First, I would repot them into larger pots. Something that small will dry out very quickly outdoors. Then, put them outside with indirect light for 2 weeks. Then move to where they get a couple of hours more of light every couple of days. Once they are in full sun, move them to their final location. Be sure to keep them wet!
By StephenB200+
Panman wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 6:00 pm First, I would repot them into larger pots. Something that small will dry out very quickly outdoors. Then, put them outside with indirect light for 2 weeks. Then move to where they get a couple of hours more of light every couple of days. Once they are in full sun, move them to their final location. Be sure to keep them wet!
Thanks for the tips. I will definitely repot them.
By StephenB200+
fluffy123 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 6:11 pm I grow my seedlings outdoors in my temperate greenhouse and they are doing fine.Image
All Sarracenia regardless of age should get 6 or more hours of full Sunlight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great pic. I have my other varieties outdoors already, and their coloration is primo. Thanks for the advice.
By MikeB
fluffy123 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 6:11 pm I grow my seedlings outdoors in my temperate greenhouse and they are doing fine.
All Sarracenia regardless of age should get 6 or more hours of full Sunlight.
I agree that 2 hours of sunshine per day isn't enough for Sarracenia seedlings. The OP needs to ease them from indoor grow lights to outdoor direct sun. Even moving from inside a greenhouse (under the milky, translucent plastic) to direct, unfiltered sun can be a shock for the plants.

Introduction: In today's modern society, individua[…]

Hello, New to the forum

Welcome to the forum! We have a horrible deer i[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!