FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By camsdad66
Camden wrote:At least there's still green :/
Agreed! I've never grown a Heli or even seen one in real life, but I've been growing Sarracenia for nearly 30 years. They are relatives, of course! The growing point area still looks green, damage appears to have affected the leaves, but hopefully the rhizome is alive and kicking! Only time will tell. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Camden liked this
By specialkayme
What type of Heli?

I was planning on repotting and dividing a heterodoxa x minor tomorrow. Not the most "sought after" heli, but happy to offer to the cause if you think it helps.
Supercazzola liked this
By Supercazzola
That’s very kind.

Heliamphora heterodoxa x minor
Heliamphora macdonaldae
Heliamphora sp. venamo x minor var. pilosa

I am going to hold off until I get the new thermostat installed. Appreciate the offer. Perhaps when things stabilize for me.
specialkayme liked this
By specialkayme
Alright. Just let me know. I'll try and divide it 3 or 4 ways today or tomorrow. It'll be my first time dividing a heli.

Maybe by the time you get your new thermostat installed one of the divides will have rooted and recovered some :)
Supercazzola liked this
By Supercazzola
It’s coming from Canada (I live in Florida). Interesting thing is I could only find it in Canada or Australia.

For those who are interested, the model I went with is a Ranco VB7 Universal Refrigerator Temperature Control Thermostat Kit
VB7. I’ll try to write up something and post it as a guide for others who may be interested in this mod.
Camden liked this
By Intheswamp
Supercazzola wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:15 pm It’s coming from Canada (I live in Florida). Interesting thing is I could only find it in Canada or Australia.

For those who are interested, the model I went with is a Ranco VB7 Universal Refrigerator Temperature Control Thermostat Kit
VB7. I’ll try to write up something and post it as a guide for others who may be interested in this mod.
Is this the same control?... VB7 Thermostat 2-pins KIT Chiller Keg Refrigerator with Bracket Dial K50-P1118
By Nocturne
Im sure you will comeback stronger from this. When things are set i can trade you ceph cuttings for your homegrown neplings :)
Supercazzola liked this
By specialkayme
Heli division was done yesterday. I was fortunate enough to walk away with the original plant, three divisions with roots attached, and one division without roots attached (actually had roots, but looks like I broke them off while planting). They'll be recovering over the next few days/weeks.

@Supercazzola, if you want one, it's yours.

Anyone else, if someone's interested in a trade, I'm open ears.
By Supercazzola
thank you. I checked any the new thermostat should be here by mid week. So by next weekend I should start the install and testing. A few weeks later when I can see the pattern I will let you know.
specialkayme liked this
By Supercazzola
Thank you everyone. You are all so kind.
I’m still working on idiot (me) proofing this setup. Again, the only way I’ll feel better is with a mechanical thermostat that prohibits the unit from going beyond 50°F. Once that goes in, I’ll start to PM folks to see about buying some new highlanders.
I’m the mean time, I’m adding several hardwired sensors based off of ESP chips and some BME/BMP280 sensors to my setup.
IMG_0830.jpeg
IMG_0830.jpeg (4.27 MiB) Viewed 1601 times
IMG_0848.png
IMG_0848.png (254.94 KiB) Viewed 1601 times
Camden liked this

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Sarracenia ID

They're either leucophylla or x moorei (flava x l[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!