FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

FlytrapCare Forum periodic photo contests

Moderator: Matt

By Panman
Wow, this contest is going gangbusters. We are a little over a week into it and we already have 19 entries. The record so far is 29 from last July. Hopefully we will break it. Without any further ado, this month's standings:
Shadowtski 7
slicric78 6
Panman 6
Supercazzola 5
DragonsEye 5
evenwind 5
DesertPat 5
thepitchergrower 4
ChefDean 4
Adelae 4
TrapsAndDews 4
tracieh 4
Cosmickitty 4
Hendre 4
Stratofortress 3
Carnies 3
Nocturne 3
plantnerdjules 3
-stanly- 3

It is really close and we still have a lot of time left in the contest. So, if you haven't already submitted a photo, go ahead and share one. We want to see what you grow other than carnivorous plants. Be sure to go back over our submissions and like your favorites with the thumbs up button. Remember, up for grabs is a G16 flytrap from The Flytrap Store.
By Panman
elaineo wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:41 pm This is a Romanesco broccoli from my yard. The buds and stems grow in a fibonacci spiral to form a fractal.
Veggies for math nerds! :lol:
elaineo liked this
By TrapsAndDews
Panman wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:49 pm
elaineo wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:41 pm This is a Romanesco broccoli from my yard. The buds and stems grow in a fibonacci spiral to form a fractal.
Veggies for math nerds! :lol:
I like math, but I don’t like broccoli. No offense @elaineo.
elaineo liked this
By Garden_Nymph
This is a wonderfully scented Plumeria that I was lucky enough to catch a beautiful Mason Bee grabbing a quick bite for breakfast.

Fingers crossed :D Having to rebuild after losing all my CPs and this is a gorgeous VFT!
Attachments:
Blue Mason Bee Macro Full.jpg
Blue Mason Bee Macro Full.jpg (2.41 MiB) Viewed 3336 times
TrapsAndDews, ChefDean, Panman and 6 others liked this
By DragonsEye
elaineo wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:41 pm This is a Romanesco broccoli from my yard. IMG_0889.jpg
See these at the farmers' market during the summer. Haven't ever done a taste comparison with regular brocc. Broccoli is one of my favorite veggies -- raw, steamed &buttered, in an alfredo sauce dish, fried in a tempura battered & a little bit of soysauce , any number of Asian dishes .... I like cauliflower too, though not nearly as much.
elaineo liked this
By DragonsEye
Stratofortress wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:58 am Tillandsia tectorum
Ahhh! This makes me miss mine SO much. I lost mine this past summer. And I literally mean lost. Mine was growing on/in a hanging "cage". Had it hanging on an outdoor plantstand on my balcony. We had a day of really strong winds and when I came home from work it was gone (hanger and all). :o Was no where to be seen on the ground so I'm guessing some passerby spotted it and took it. Considering most folks would have no clue as to how to take care of it, I'm guessing it's dead by now. Hopefully I'll find one again some day that I can get via trade.
Stratofortress liked this
Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Hi Andy If you are talking about the brown marks […]

Not what you would expect...

Is it the growth inside the condiment cup. ( I cal[…]

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Same, my local nursery gets a lot of them. Do you […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!