FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Supercazzola
You probably need to keep an eye on it as the sun’s position will change throughout the seasons. It’s helpful to know which way that window faces, and then number of hours of sunlight (first direct, and then indirect). If there is no direct sunlight, does that mean it’s a North facing window (assuming you’re in northern hemisphere)? A light meter app on a phone might at least help you get in the ballpark for estimating the PAR measurement.

There are also sun tracking apps for the phone which could help you look into the future and past, that use augmented reality to help you visualize where the sun would be at a particular day/ time.

Seeing photos like you reference really won’t help too much. Nepenthes are not the Sun lovers that their VFT pals are, but do have their light needs.
By Joshua09
Supercazzola wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:18 am You probably need to keep an eye on it as the sun’s position will change throughout the seasons. It’s helpful to know which way that window faces, and then number of hours of sunlight (first direct, and then indirect). If there is no direct sunlight, does that mean it’s a North facing window (assuming you’re in northern hemisphere)? A light meter app on a phone might at least help you get in the ballpark for estimating the PAR measurement.

There are also sun tracking apps for the phone which could help you look into the future and past, that use augmented reality to help you visualize where the sun would be at a particular day/ time.

Seeing photos like you reference really won’t help too much. Nepenthes are not the Sun lovers that their VFT pals are, but do have their light needs.
I am in a tropical country in the Philippines. I know that they do not need too much sunlight as it may cause burning and I know they need a bright location. So, the early morning has an early morning sun for my plant then afternoon, no direct sun.

please and thank you :D Sent from my SM-S918U usi[…]

I think I could achieve something similar wi[…]

Not what you would expect...

There are no mounds of moss in the picture. There[…]

Damn, I think one of the sundews rotted away. No i[…]

I use a Govee and I love it. It connects via app o[…]

I put this venus flytrap in a different type of so[…]

Advice On Using Pool

Agreed. Simply setting all your plants in them as-[…]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Cool. Thank you.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!