FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Intheswamp
It was two days since I last saw these trimmed bargain pitcher plants that I got from CalCarn. A bit of a surprise. I guess my area really ain't good for dormancy right now. :roll:
IMG_6409 (Custom).JPG
IMG_6409 (Custom).JPG (351.75 KiB) Viewed 1905 times
By Sundews69
I'm having that problem too. My sarrs aren't making phyllodia and the VFTS still have all their traps. I would just wait for a little and see what they do, but idk.
By Intheswamp
We got up over 85F today! But, looking just now at the forecast I'm seeing highs in the mid and lower 60's next weekend and Saturday night getting down to 35F...so, maybe a change is coming??? All that my older flytraps are doing is wanting to hug the ground, though...
Sundews69 liked this
By Sundews69
Yeah, my problem is it's too cold so I need to put them in my basement. It's only 45-60 degrees so I'm struggling.
By Huntsmanshorn
Intheswamp wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:46 pm It was two days since I last saw these trimmed bargain pitcher plants that I got from CalCarn. A bit of a surprise. I guess my area really ain't good for dormancy right now. :roll:
Well, yeah, you're in zone 8, it basically gets to be late Fall sometime in Dec., and then it pretty much stays that way until early Spring sometime in Feb., so you don't really have a "Winter", at least as I understand the term. Okay, okay, maybe for a few weeks in January... every few years. :roll: :lol:
By Intheswamp
Sundews69 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:32 pm Yeah, my problem is it's too cold so I need to put them in my basement. It's only 45-60 degrees so I'm struggling.
Yup, we've got opposite problems! I'm thinking I'm gonna have to go the fridge route. It depends on the forecasts after next weekend...it will probably be another warm-up, though. :roll:
Sundews69 liked this
By Intheswamp
Huntsmanshorn wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:01 am Well, yeah, you're in zone 8, it basically gets to be late Fall sometime in Dec., and then it pretty much stays that way until early Spring sometime in Feb., so you don't really have a "Winter", at least as I understand the term. Okay, okay, maybe for a few weeks in January... every few years. :roll: :lol:
Hey! It gets cold here!!! Why, I had to put a jacket on one day last winter!!!! (I think it was last winter...).

Our temperature graph is really line a a/c sine-wave...up and down, up and down....<sigh>

I'm either gonna have to crank up the small fridge in the trailer or haul the little dorm-sized one from my shop in town to the trailer and stick some of the plants in there. We'll see what the forecast shows coming. There's several noted bogs south of me (a few degrees warmer), so if the pitchers and sundews survive there they should survive here. :D
Counting to infinity.

assuming they have enough light and water, are gre[…]

Drosera germination time

Hello everyone - I recently got some D. burmanni[…]

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!